- Meeting starts 14:30
- Agenda approved, with addition of member and director changes.
- Minutes of 28 March meeting approved.
- Matters arising from minutes: nothing noted.
- Old business: quick review of priority projects as determined in the last meeting.
- Health and safety concerns: Nothing noted.
- New business:
- Due to Saturday Market and increased daylight, move meeting time to 18:30.
- Review April statistics: our best March ever, in terms of sales.
- Review April electricity use: electricity use was up over $100 per month from January through March, compared to 2014.
- AGREED: to accept Rebecca Hamilton's member application.
- Rebecca Hamilton's membership application unanimously accepted. (Adam expressed his approval via email.)
- AGREED: to elect Rebecca Hamilton to the board of directors.
- Rebecca Hamilton unanimously elected to the board of directors. (Adam expressed his approval via email.)
- Accept Adam Perry's resignation as member and director.
- Review arrivals/departures, guests and apprentices:
- Adam got a job in Salmon Arm, and they have moved there.
- Tracy Fan and daughter Aiai Tang arrived last Wednesday, and are staying in Sylvia's trailer.
- Leigh Girodat and children Jack and Layla arriving Wednesday or Thursday, to stay in the big room downstairs.
- Clover, Paisley, and Emery coming with Cleome next weekend.
- Five new kids arrived in the past week, to Friendly, Antelope, and Ravit. Friendly's buckling's left front leg is stiff and tight, and she walks on her knee, but it is improving daily. One of Antelope's bucklings arrived breech, nearly five hours after the other, and had to be pulled and resuscitated, but is doing well now.
- Waddles due to have kids on the 14th.
- Farm meeting:
- To do list:
- Set up irrigation in the west part of the west garden.
- Pot up tall tomatoes from soil blocks.
- Plant dill and lettuce in microblocks.
- Finish transplanting summer squash and chard in west field beds.
- Separate a bunch of cream and feed skim to chickens.
- Weed and work manure into beds, both in greenhouse and west field.
- Check in with Horizon Herbs about Paulonia disaster.
- Continue working on greenhouse trenching.
- Continue to clean goat sheds.
- Things completed:
- Get a couple yards of container mix from Integrity. DONE!
- Jan to clean Physalis seed, and plant about 1/3rd of a tray for indoor starting. DONE!
- To do list:
- Until further notice, non-statutory meetings will be held informally. Major decisions (such as regarding changes in membership or disposition of capital) will continue to be held formally and properly minuted.
- Meeting adjourned, 15:20
- Respectfully submitted, Jan Steinman 00:07, 5 May 2015 (CEST)
Share your opinion
blog comments powered by Disqus