- Meeting starts 16:04
- Agenda approved.
- The last meeting minutes: 24 January, approved.
- Matters arising from minutes: nothing noted.
- Old business: quick review of priority projects as determined in the last meeting.
- Community farm store: nothing to report. Nothing holding us back except materials and time.
- Greenhouse drainage: Cleome reports drainage much improved, lack of standing water in aisles. Need to widen ditch in some areas and cut closer to the baseboard in others before drain rock can be put in. Can begin attaching mill slabs to existing baseboards for soil erosion control. 4' landscape fabric still on order. Jan and Adam did not check on other sources. Need to order drain rock.
- Electric market vehicle: Potbox (accelerator) ordered; being sent to Bellingham.
- Animal shelters: Rudy will keep his eyes open for ready-built platform that can be used as a start.
- Commercial kitchen: nothing noted. Cleome will keep her eye open for fixture deals. Jan will keep an eye or BC Auctions.
- Upcoming classes and events: Seedy Saturday is Saturday, 14 February. We have volunteered to staff the seed exchange table all day; Grace and Adam are both interested in doing so. We would also like to have a booth. Sandra and Dave said they will volunteer. There is a land-sharing session on Sunday that we should attend.
- Recruiting: Dean couldn't visit due to his dog's illness; will try to visit later this week. David from Abbotsford is interested in visiting, but no firm date yet. Also been corresponding with Tom from Port Coquitlam.
- Health and safety concerns: after wrestling with a snake for four hours and taking a bath in Clorox, Adam and Jan have fixed the downstairs toilet. Cleome notes that "Grace is amazing" in caring for the house and occupants! Balazs noted mould in the motorhome; need to patch roof and clean out before letting a volunteer stay in there again.
- New business:
- Jan reviewed the recycling system; invited questions, should there be confusion, as sorting it before taking it in is time-consuming and somewhat distasteful. Also a reminder to clean all recycling before sorting it into bins.
- Jan began a review of our five-year business plan from 2013, inviting everyone to mark-up and update it. 50-year development plan not reviewed, due to lack of time. Following was a wide-ranging discussion about where money comes from and where money goes, and the need for privacy and space. We agreed to put the door that Rudy scavenged (thanks, Rudy!) on the entrance to the large room downstairs, so Grace and Adam can have more privacy.
- Review arrivals/departures, guests and apprentices: not covered; info below is for the record:
- Ron saw his daughter off, and has donated her gum boots to the co-op. Thanks, Ron!
- Balazs visiting for four days, leaving tomorrow.
- Cleome not here weekend of Feb 5.
- Possible visit from Cecil, a friend of Adam and Grace.
- Farm meeting: not covered: info below is from the last meeting, for tracking purposes, with factual changes only:
- Seed Savers order is in, can pick up after 18:30 today.
- Jan to clean Physalis seed, and plant about 1/3rd of a tray for indoor starting.
- Order drain rock for greenhouse.
- Continue working on greenhouse trenching.
- Clean goat sheds.
- Adam & Jan to speak at Chamber of Commerce meeting on Wednesday, Feb 4.
- Things completed:
- Need to fix the east end of the compost bins, DONE!
- Need to put yellow plum cuttings in starting medium. DONE!
- Adam & Jan to meet with Elizabeth W about composting CRD "organic" waste. DONE!
- Confirmed next meeting: Next residents' meeting: Adam facilitator, Saturday, 7 February 2015 16:00.
- Meeting adjourned, 18:11
- Respectfully submitted, Jan Steinman 04:03, 1 February 2015 (CET)
Share your opinion
blog comments powered by Disqus