- Meeting starts 17:07
- Agenda approved.
- The last three meeting minutes: 27 June, 28 September and 2 January approved.
- Matters arising from minutes: Adam notes that the original estimate for greenhouse drainage is too low; he estimates between 45 and 55 hours is closer.
- Old business: quick review of priority projects as determined in the last meeting.
- Community farm store: nothing to report.
- Greenhouse drainage: Adam & Jan began clearing the curtain drain from the culvert to where the greenhouse pipe will run. Some discussion about the scope of the project and how much time it will take, which has been revised from 30 hours to 50 hours.
- Electric market vehicle: quick description of next steps: clear a space in garage, clear the garbage placed in front of the Vanagon, get it in the garage.
- Animal shelters: Rudy offered help. Not needed until late spring, when the pasture behind the house is dry enough for grazing.
- Commercial kitchen: nothing noted.
- Upcoming classes and events: Seedy Saturday is Saturday, 14 February. We have volunteered to staff the seed exchange table all day; Grace and Adam are both interested in doing so. We would also like to have a booth. Jan has been invited to speak at the educational session on shared land situations. Rudy would like to network with and learn from other land-sharing situations; all agreed that taking part in this workshop would be a good place to start.
- Recruiting: Jan mentioned someone from Stratford, Ontario that Cleome and he met, who is interested in joining and funding. However, he has a commercial property that he has to sell before he can do so.
- Health and safety concerns: general child-proofing around the outside of house in prep for warmer weather, specifically,
- recycle the carboy with the broken top,
- fill in the hole next to the pump house.
- New business:
- Review arrivals/departures, guests and apprentices:
- Ron leaving next Thursday; his daughter will be here for part of the next week.
- Adam et. familie leaving Monday (12th) for a week (through 19th)
- Sylvia and Milania leaving on Monday.
- Farm meeting:
- Continue ditch digging.
- Bought some seeds today!
- Fixed one bay of compost bin; need to fix other end and clean goats into it.
- Need to get rid of excess roosters.
- Need to get potting soil from Integrity.
- Need to start getting horse manure from North Saanich.
- Confirmed next meeting: Next residents' meeting: Jan facilitator, Saturday, 17 January 2015 16:00. Will continue meeting every week, to see if it needs to be more or less often.
- Meeting adjourned, 17:56
- Respectfully submitted, Jan Steinman 03:47, 11 January 2015 (CET)
Share your opinion
blog comments powered by Disqus