- Meeting starts 09:03
- Agenda approved.
- Minutes of last meeting, 21 September 2014, not reviewed.
- This is a special meeting of directors, called to address our vagrancy problem.
- Discussion: People have been living in the green trailer without EcoReality permission, paying no rent and doing no work exchange. They claim to be guests of Rudy, but they have been here more than two weeks, and no one has requested permission. On September 15, Karen Leonard asked about renting the new trailer, and Jan went to considerable effort to craft a lease and present it. She then said she was looking for an apartment, but she has not left the site. She may be accompanied by a young man. It is a significant insurance and liability issue to have vagrants on the property.
- AGREED: We will craft a letter, giving vagrants 24 hours notice that they must leave the property. We will secure the door of the trailer, which is unfit for habitation. We will call the police if vagrants are still on-site 24 hours after either hard-delivering the letter, or posting it on the trailer, whichever is earlier. We will remind Rudy that the trailer does not belong to him, and that his personal guests are expected to stay in his trailer. We will remind Rudy that guests of EcoReality are expected to contribute to EcoReality for their stay, either financially, or by labour, as determined by the EcoReality Farm Steward in consultation with other stewards.
- Confirmed next meeting: Next residents' meeting: Jan facilitator, Sunday, 5 October 2014 09:00. Will continue meeting every other week, to see if it needs to be more or less often.
- Meeting adjourned, 09:40
- Respectfully submitted, Jan Steinman 18:39, 30 September 2014 (CEST)
Share your opinion
blog comments powered by Disqus