other meetings this year
- Meeting starts 09:01
- Computer and printer down; meeting proceeds informally.
- Minutes of previous meeting, 2012-10-24, not reviewed.
- Old business:
- To do not reviewed.
- Calendar not reviewed.
- Project updates: not reviewed.
- Health & safety: nothing noted.
- New business:
- None discussed.
- Farm meeting
- Ben leaving for Nelson Thursday PM through the 11th; expects to be back to work on the 12th.
- Cover crop down in the west room of greenhouse. Will need water twice a week or so, but not too critical unless it gets sunny.
- Ben has the following list for people to work on while he's gone:
- Raking leaves and mulching garlic with them.
- Pull and hang big tomatoes; save little green tomatoes.
- Pulling sugar beets, trimming tops, and storing in sand.
- Cover crop beds in east field: all possible tilled areas and open beds.
- Clear "Ikea" building -- take recycling in.
- Till squash bed in prep for garlic.
- Farm stand setup/takedown.
- Plant kale.
- Melon remains.
- Move paint into trailer.
- Tidy up farm store area.
- Fence garlic away from goats.
- Clean east packing shed area.
- Chop turnips and feed to goats (ongoing, not all at once).
- Weed thistles in west field.
- Throw out mouldy tomatoes.
- Jan adds the following:
- Pick pear trees -- all but the big one in west field, which is picked in December.
- Pick and dry goldenberries.
- Dry more apples from the trailer.
- Hang main gate in east field; guy gate post.
- Dig post hole for person gate in corner, guy post and hang gate.
- Tidy up fencing around the new gates.
- Scratting turnips as needed for goats -- don't do all at once; they won't keep that way.
- Winterize Ben's trailer and small goat trailer (tarp roof).
- Prune pear trees.
- Confirmed next meeting: Next residents' meeting: Wednesday, Jan facilitator 7 November 2012, 09:00.
- Meeting adjourned, 09:30
- Respectfully submitted, Jan Steinman 02:45, 2 November 2012 (CET)
Share your opinion
blog comments powered by Disqus