other meetings this year
- Meeting starts 09:03
- Agenda approved.
- Minutes of previous meeting, 2012-10-10, reviewed and approved.
- Discussion about what to do with sugar beets for storage. Traditionally done in a sand bed. Jan talked about building boxes in the Ikea building.
- Old business:
- To do reviewed:
- Ben's prep of east field almost complete.
- No other task progress reported.
- Calendar reviewed, mostly comings-goings.
- Project updates:
- Upcoming classes and events: We have a "TBD" for Sunday, 25 November. Jen might offer a Reiki class then. She is supposed to get back to Jan with her needs so we can do a budget and come up with a price. Jan will follow up with Jen.
- Recruiting: vidchat with Roger & Michelle from North Carolina. Peter from UK reports a new granddaughter born on Salt Spring.
- Goat shed II: Need to get hay feeders built - One side done!
- Commercial propagation greenhouse: no changes.
- Emergency power: no changes. Time to order materials, notably the 150' of #10x3 rubber cable.
- Yellow house suite: some stuff moved out in prep for demolition. Jan needs help getting large stereo system out and over to classroom.
- Water system maintenance:
- Camlock connectors to be welded this week - delayed.
- Fill the cistern hole next to well to prevent/reduce surface water infiltration.
- To do reviewed:
- Health & safety:
- Carol notes that the pallet path to the goat shed is going to get slippery when it rains.
- New business:
- Market meeting for Tuesday Market, October 24th in the classroom.
- Carol moving out today and will return each Wednesday for meetings and help on the farm.
- Review upcoming volunteers:
- Alex & Jim arrived for winter.
- Ben returning 20 October.
- Farm meeting
- Firewood on Friday work party. Jan to contact Gavin. Jan will look at rounds at Gerry's today.
- Ben continuing to prepare to have goats in the East Field.
- Clear the packing shed and/or make it inaccessible to goats. (Ben)
- Move packing shed.
- Relocate large gate.
- Make materials list (Jan).
- Install person gate where large gate is currently. Needs a post and brace.
- Harvest anything we want to keep. (Ben) - will be done this week.
- Quinoa heads to Carol, who will process - this Friday. (Carol) Harvested, yet to process.
- Harvest leeks, carrots & sugar beets. Leeks to Natureworks? Ben will investigate.
- Need to look at place to plant garlic in east field -- discuss when Ben returns.
- Need to investigate cover cropping. Inventory our seeds and determine what to buy. Seeds purchased.
- Find some "goat toys" via online lists or Rudy salvage.
- Look into pruning big pear trees.
- Pull and hang tomatoes.
- Rudy looking for way to process lanolin -- has free supply of crude lanolin.
- Saturday: not planning for it with Ben away.
- Tuesday: done with Jan, James & Alex.
- Plans for next week:
- Jan: open/close greenhouse while Ben away, water Wednesday.
- Rudy: seek goat toys for East Field (especially large spools).
- Carol: make jelly - ongoing.
- Carol: pickles from the many that we aren't going to sell.
- Carol: Pickle beets.
- Confirmed next meeting: Next residents' meeting: Wednesday, Jan facilitatorj24 October 2012, 09:00.
- Meeting adjourned, 09:47.
- Respectfully submitted, Carol Wagner 09:48, 10 October 2012 (CEST)
Share your opinion
blog comments powered by Disqus