Minutes:20120704

From EcoReality

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
(Created page with "{{minutes navigation|20120627|20120711}} # Meeting starts 09:02 #* Present: #** Members: Jan Steinman, Rudy Siegers. #** Guests [[Use...")
(typo)
Line 9: Line 9:
# [[Check-in]]
# [[Check-in]]
# Agenda approved, with deferring electrical meters on white house until next meeting.
# Agenda approved, with deferring electrical meters on white house until next meeting.
-
# Minutes of previous meeting, [[Minutes:20120620|2012-06-20]], approved.
+
# Minutes of previous meeting, [[Minutes:20120627|2012-06-27]], approved.
# Old business:
# Old business:
#* Matters arising from old minutes: discussed while reviewing minutes.
#* Matters arising from old minutes: discussed while reviewing minutes.
Line 27: Line 27:
#** [[Commercial propagation greenhouse]]:
#** [[Commercial propagation greenhouse]]:
#*** Fertigation system all but ready -- needs a filter. Jan will get and install today.
#*** Fertigation system all but ready -- needs a filter. Jan will get and install today.
-
*** Still working on tables (2 yet to do, with simple mods needed on various others).
+
#*** Still working on tables (2 yet to do, with simple mods needed on various others).
#*** Need to re-tape NW corner small tear.
#*** Need to re-tape NW corner small tear.
#*** Still need to raise floor of centre room this fall after harvest of one of the outer rooms is complete. Discussed using topsoil from pond construction for this, reserving subsoil for filling in the cistern pit.
#*** Still need to raise floor of centre room this fall after harvest of one of the outer rooms is complete. Discussed using topsoil from pond construction for this, reserving subsoil for filling in the cistern pit.

Revision as of 20:38, 4 July 2012

For guidelines on the editing of minutes, please see the page on the responsibilities of the recorder.

<--previous meetingminutes indexnext meeting-->
  1. Meeting starts 09:02
  2. Check-in
  3. Agenda approved, with deferring electrical meters on white house until next meeting.
  4. Minutes of previous meeting, 2012-06-27, approved.
  5. Old business:
    • Matters arising from old minutes: discussed while reviewing minutes.
    • To do list - reviewed.
      • Jan siphon-starer parts ordered, Carol will pick them up in Duncan on Friday.
      • Produce shed is becoming more of a priority as warmer weather sets in. Jan will look into the walk-in freezer.
    • Calendar reviewed. Shane coming tomorrow (5th).
    • Project updates:
      • Upcoming classes and events:
        • Ben will get more detailed write-up for Song Writing Workshop poster and tracts to Jan.
        • Island Tides deadline today, but open of business tomorrow should do.
        • Cheese workshop re-scheduling solicitation did not produce lots of interest. On hold until perhaps fall.
      • Necessary changes in involvement in EcoReality:
        • Ron agreed to let us clean up and market his equipment and other stuff; Christian's garage sale was a big success.
      • Goat shed II
        • Needs internal gate latches, key hole feeders and other minor bits, then can be rolled into place.
      • Commercial propagation greenhouse:
        • Fertigation system all but ready -- needs a filter. Jan will get and install today.
        • Still working on tables (2 yet to do, with simple mods needed on various others).
        • Need to re-tape NW corner small tear.
        • Still need to raise floor of centre room this fall after harvest of one of the outer rooms is complete. Discussed using topsoil from pond construction for this, reserving subsoil for filling in the cistern pit.
        • Would like to close out this capital project soon, but the last expenses for irrigation may drag out a bit.
      • Emergency power: on hold until next fall; need to have in place by next winter.
      • Yellow house suite - no change until at least the 21st. Dave is interested and may fund remodelling.
      • Water system maintenance - Still need to haul out and repair old cistern and fill in the hole in the ground.
  6. Health & safety:
    • Meaghan barked her shin on T-posts being used to anchor the feeding riks. Suggested putting tennis balls on top.
      • ACTION: [ ] Rudy will scout for tennis balls to top T-posts being used as anchors. (Rudy Siegers)
      • ACTION: [ ] Meaghan will install tennis balls from Rudy on top of T-posts being used to anchor good feeders, and on the cane berry trellis anchors in the west field. (Meaghan McLaughin)
    • Geo cut herself on torn metal on the the pickup canopy, suggested it be smoothed out.
      • ACTION: [ ] Jan will smooth out rough spot on pickup canopy, with Geo's assistance. (Jan Steinman)
  7. New business:
    1. Meter readings and billing for outbuilding electricity use.
      • Meter reading not done! Item deferred to next meeting.
    2. Review 2012-06 harvest, 2012-06 sales, and 2012-06 labour}}
      • Harvest and sales are up.
    • Upcoming volunteers:
      • Shane contacted and coming tomorrow (5 July).
      • Laura Oxley - August 13 - 29.
  8. Arrivals/Departures:
    • Carol going to Duncan on Friday.
  9. Farm meeting:
    • Friday Work Party: complete goat shed II and have it in place for evening milking.
      • construct keyhole feeders
      • move old goat trailer to south of yellow house as a sun refuge
      • install latches internal, and door-open catch external
      • prep site, remove canopy and pull back "dance floor"
      • move new shed in place
      • set up for evening's milking
      • alternative: weeding party
    • Other farm tasks:
      • Potatoes need hilling; ready soon.
      • Greenhouse fertigation needs a filter.
      • Greenhouse centre room needs main lines put overhead.
      • Medicinal herbs: need to get seeded soon, or wait for next year.
      • Lettuce letting up, so we need to cut back on what we wholesale. Be thoughtful to maintain relationships.
      • Fulford Mercantile wants to carry our produce.
    • Markets:
      • Tuesday: wait until closer to plan.
      • Saturday: Ben will open, Meaghan at 10 AM, Jan at 1 PM, Ben leaving at 3 PM, Jan & Meaghan close.
  10. Plans for next week:
    • Ben: Weeding, weeding, weeding…
    • Ben: Transplanting almost everything out of the prop room.
    • Jan: Jetta and Sarah fixed by Friday.
    • All: Goat shed II
    • Jan: complete fertigation system; install overheaders in the propagation room.
    • Jan: Trim goat hooves.
    • Jan: Geo's washing machine.
    • Jan: Complete greenhouse tables and irrigation, close Project 126 expenditures and reconcile project.
  11. Confirmed next meeting: Next residents' meeting: Wednesday, 11 July 2012, 09:00, Jan facilitating and someone taking notes.
  • Meeting adjourned, 09:46
  • Respectfully submitted, Jan Steinman 22:35, 4 July 2012 (CEST)

Share your opinion


blog comments powered by Disqus
Personal tools
Get our newsletter!
Name:
Email Address:

disturbance
entry points
help (off site)
This server and other EcoReality operations are 100% wind powered, with energy from Bullfrog Power. You can be, too!