other meetings this year
Saturday 26 April 2008: Member's Meeting
- Meeting brought to order: 13:17
- Present: James Cowan, Shannon Cowan, Justin Roller, Osha Roller, Jan Steinman, Carol Wagner.
- Facilitator: James
- Recorder: Jan
- Check in
- Carol: 8.9, grateful to be alive and in the moment.
- Shannon: 9.5, a little tired, but happy to be here.
- Jan: 10, a lot of work to do, but thankful for all that is happening and for new members.
- James: 10, loves our meetings!
- Justin: 8, excited to be here, but a bit tired.
- Osha: 8, distracted by Lily, but glad to be here.
- Old business
- Agenda approved.
- March 29 minutes approved.
- Stewards' Council
- Finance steward: Carol does not have report ready; she will email it right after the meeting.
- Ecology steward: Shannon has nothing to report.
- Communication steward: Jan reported March communication statistics:
- 174 email messages sent through EcoReality.org
- 59 changes made to website
- 4 visitors (including Diana Leafe Christian)
- 4 new Advisory Council members
- 3 inquiries from our listing on the FIC website
- 6 inquiries from WWOOFers
- plus all the other activity associated with the new property
- noted that meeting notice was not sent out this month
- Program steward: James reported briefly on potential workshops.
- Time sheets
- All members turned in time for March.
- Jan introduced new data being collected (project, activity, accomplishment), and Carol will update logging forms appropriately.
- New business
- Membership discussion -- answered questions from Justin & Osha.
- Publicity ideas discussion
- Shannon mentioned Cooperative Housing Canada, Canadian Ecovillage Network, and ATTRA sites to add/update, and agricultural approach to college publicity.
- Justin volunteered to co-ordinate publicity with the Vancouver Peak Oil group.
- Osha will do a first draft of a press release for a broader audience.
- Food Not Lawns
- AGREED: EcoReality can host Heather Flores's workshop as long as Jamie Capranos and her friend Karen do most of the footwork.
- Justin will promote in Vancouver
- Membership procedure overview -- tabled. Jan will print out info for the four existing members and Justin & Osha to fill out.
- Jan reported that Penny & Mark are in the process of completing their application, and should have it in the mail shortly.
- Membership in FIC
- AGREED: EcoReality will spend $40 to join FIC
- Membership in Ecovillage Network of Canada
- Not enough information available to make a decision -- Jan will research for next meeting.
- Proposal to lease balance of Hughes Farm until Farmers Institute takes it over
- AGREED: Jan will take the next step in pursuing this.
- Ratify role of communication steward
- AGREED: Communication steward role as previously described.
- Osha would like to "apprentice" and help out with communications.
- Shannon would like to help with the newsletter.
- Discuss ideas for group process activities
- AGREED: Shannon is new group process steward, and will create a page for that role and begin planning and supporting group process activities.
- Discuss Proposed labour policy (revised for 2008) and Resident rental policy
- James took notes of the discussion, and will update the web pages appropriately.
- Further elaboration by all invited in order to craft a proposal to pass by the May meeting.
- Justin: 8.5, liked the process, enjoyed the meeting.
- Osha: still at 8, child care would be great; liked the meeting structure.
- Carol: 9.5, extremely grateful for how we work together.
- Shannon: 9.5, distracted by kids, grateful for facilitation.
- Jan: 9.5, grateful for new blood, meeting went on a bit too long.
- James: 9, meeting went on longer than planned, grateful for what we got done.
- Meeting adjourned at 15:44
-- respectfully submitted, Jan Steinman 23:45, 27 April 2008 (PDT)
Share your opinion
blog comments powered by Disqus