We believe that clear, written documents help to keep our interactions civil and enjoyable. We have created the following documents for that purpose. The differences between these documents is sometimes subtle; the list below should help distinguish them.
- Values: the shared principles, in priority order, that we find important in life.
- This is the primary document from which the others are derived.
- This document came from the values/process work we went through together as a group to come up with our values and vision.
- Vision: a short statement of our shared vivid mental image of the future we wish to build, from our shared values and aspirations. ('who' and 'what')
- Mission: our shared objectives and strategy to achieve our vision. ('what' and 'how')
- Purpose: our shared reason for coming together and main mission that was written specifically for direct insertion into our coop memorandum. ('why' and 'what')
- Coop rules: embodiment of the above, in legal terms and structure, suitable for incorporating a cooperative association (long and mostly boring).
Share your opinion
blog comments powered by Disqus