Work party steward
Responsibilities of the work party steward include:
- Maintaining a list of possible work party activities and assessing with EcoReality residents and members which items need to be priorized for each work party and how many people for how long.
- Creating and/or maintaining a list of people interested and available for work parties, skills, interests, available tools etc.
- Contacting people directly through phone, email, word of mouth to request specific help for work parties, what to bring, what we have to offer, etc. See work parties.
- Writing a short piece on upcoming work parties, what we hope to do, how many people might be needed, etc., for the monthly EcoReality newsletter. This can also include photos of past work parties and what happened during the last work party.
- Advertising (when appropriate) upcoming work parties in the free "coming events" sections of local newspapers.
- Assessing food requirements for each work party and making sure that designated cooks are aware of the expected food requirements.
- The ongoing time budget suggested for this stewardship is 3 hours per month to be evaluated after a 3 month trial period.
- Submitted by Susie Anne 17:00 15 January 2009 (PDT)
Share your opinion
blog comments powered by Disqus