Project/Starhawk Event 2009
Project ID: 106
EcoReality has a mandate for doing public events. There is an opportunity to do a large event on Salt Spring with a well known presenter. This could give EcoReality some huge public awareness and build a relationship with someone very inspiring.
Do a public event in October 2009 off site at one of the venues available for rent on Salt Spring. It would start at 7:00pm and be finished by 9:30-10:00pm
Goal or deliverable
Produce and promote a large scale public event.
Timeline, schedule, or end date
- Confirm speaker and date May 2.
- Confirm venue by May 15
- Start minor marketing June 1 (email lists, newsletter, word of mouth)
- Start major marketing August 1 (Posters, ads in papers, online advertising etc)
- The proposed team is:
- James- Logistics, venue setup, speaker liaising, travel arrangements, cashflow management.
- Jan- Marketing & Publicity.
- Justin- MC, marketing content finder, Vancouver marketing.
- Others- physical setup of venue, postering, concession at venue, working the door.
- Venue is TBD. Options are: Artspring, Gospel Chapel, Fulford Hall, Mahon Hall, Beaver Point Hall. These are in semi-priority order.
- Venue rental - $500
- Sound & lights & operators - $750
- Speaker guarantee - $1000
- Additional speaker split (60/40 of gross Speaker/EcoReality) at 200 tickets sold - $2900
- Honourarium for advance logistics work - $250
- Honourarium for advance marketing & PR work - $250
- TOTAL EXPENSES - $5,650.00
- 150 tickets sold in advance ($30 each) - $4500
- 50 tickets sold at door ($40 each) - $2000
- TOTAL REVENUE - $6500
- NOTE- In this model EcoReality would make $850. If the venue can hold more people and we sell more tickets both parties will make more money.
how many people are needed for how long, including specific people or specific skill-sets
- James- advance/post work and logistics- 30 hours
- James- on site show management- 10 hours
- Jan- Advance PR & marketing- 20 hours
- Jan- on site show help- 6 hours
- Justin- Advance work and on site help- 12 hours
- Door person- 2 people at 5 hours each
- Concession- 2 people at 5 hours each
- Other on site help from members, advisors friends, 4 people at 5 hours each
|5010000||Education||$872.54||2009-10-14 00:00:00||2009-11-16 00:00:03|
|4010002||Event||$2,915.05||2009-10-03 00:00:00||2009-10-15 00:00:00|
|1010011||ISCU Chequing||$4,426.66||2009-09-02 00:00:12||2009-10-30 00:00:12|
|6820030||Taxes, Sales, GST||$21.88||2009-10-06 00:00:02||2009-10-15 00:00:01|
|6820030||TOTAL:||$8,236.13||2009-09-02 00:00:12||2009-11-16 00:00:03|
Labour, by person
Labour, by activity
"Vehicles" with no odometer, such as tractors or stationary equipment, are in tenths of an hour, rather than kilometres.
|1||Blue Jetta||31 km|
|Jan Steinman||Sunshine||2009-10-02||21 km||$15.960||EcoReality||drop off Starhawk at seaport||yes|
|Susie Anne Bartsch||Erica||2009-10-01||33 km||$30.690||EcoReality||Ganges + ferry pickup C+W for Starhawk||yes|
|Jan Steinman||Sunshine||2009-10-01||11 km||$8.360||EcoReality||pick up Starhawk, to/from event||yes|
|Susie Anne Bartsch||Erica||2009-09-28||7 km||$6.510||EcoReality||Starhawk postering||yes|
|Jan Steinman||Blue Jetta||2009-08-07||31 km||$13.640||EcoReality||Starhawk||yes|
One or more vendors have asked that we not disclose their fees, so final accounting includes only aggregate income and outflow. Contact the Finance Steward if you need specific information about this project's final figures.
|To land purchase fund†||$500.00|
|To General Fund||$156.50|
† As agreed in the 30 November 2009 Members' Meeting.
Budget vs Actual
|Category||Income||Outflow||Return on Expense|
Share your opinion
blog comments powered by Disqus