Project ID: 121
Change zoning on a portion of EcoReality in order to facilitate strata titles.
We have been spectacularly unsuccessful in funding our dreams via the co-operative model.
This project is re-zone a portion of our land such that it can have greater density, via strata titles on housing envelopes, with associated limited community property to give each strata title access to farm land. Envisioned is thirteen additional residences, with common-wall design, built with natural "zero-mile" materials.
An initial presentation has been made to Islands Trust. A second meeting is scheduled for 10 June 2010. Otherwise, this project is on hold, pending full funding of the property.
Goal or deliverable
The successful re-zoning of a portion of EcoReality property to include thirteen additional residences and agricultural processing facilities.
Timeline, schedule, or end date
- Draft Zoning Proposal
- 2010-04-10 (Sat): meet with land development consultant DONE
- 2010-04-11 (Sun): collect necessary and useful documents DONE
- 2010-04-11 (Sun): review Islands Trust memorandum on farm worker housing DONE
- 2010-04-12 (Mon): seek project approval. DONE
- 2010-04-12 (Mon): research Salt Spring Island Official Community Plan, glean supportive language, take note of contrary language. DONE
- 2010-04-12 (Mon): research Yarrow's Ecovillage zoning (with definitions). DONE
- 2010-04-12 (Mon): research Shawnigan Lake ecovillage zoning. DONE
- 2010-04-12 (Mon): research Strata Property Act
- 2010-04-14 (Wed): arrange meeting with IT planner (Jasmine) DONE
- 2010-04-19 (Mon): prepare envelope drawings DONE
- 2010-04-19 (Mon): write "what we want to do" document DONE
- 2010-04-19 (Mon): draw together research findings in support DONE
- 2010-04-28 (Wed): send draft proposal to Island Natural Growers (ING), with cover letter, asking for formal support
- 2010-05-05 (Wed): make presentation at monthly ING meeting
- 2010-05-06 (Thu): continue to refine proposal; incorporate feedback from ING
- 2010-05-13 (Thu): send updated draft proposal to Salt Spring Island Agricultural Alliance (SSIAA), with cover letter, asking for formal support
- 2010-05-20 (Thu): make presentation at monthly SSIAA meeting.
- 2010-05-21 (Fri): incorporate any SSIAA feedback; send proposal to local IT trustees, with cover letter, seeking formal support
- 2010-05-21 (Fri): contact lender via third party, seeking assistance in re-negotiating sales contract terms DONE
- Develop formal Zoning Application
- water issues
- sewer issues
- Review Official Community Plan, Land Use Bylaw
- Recruit informal consultants among people who have done similar things
- Develop a "this is what we want to do" document, with approximate size and structure of strata units, limited common property, and common property. Re-zone to multi-family with agricultural aspect. Show how to split fields so everyone has access to farmland.
- Use draft document to gather community and elected official support
- Re-negotiate loan terms
- Gather necessary specialists' reports
- Submit formal application
- 2010-04-12: Project approved by membership
- Rezoning request/OCP info|OCP info
- Rezoning request/Strata info|Strata info
- Agricultural Land Commission Act
- Climate Action Zoning: The Cornerstone of Compact, Complete Land Use
- BC Strata Property Act
- BC Strata Property Act links
- Rezoning application form
- Strata conversion application form
- 200 hours for draft proposal (Jan)
- 200 hours for final application (Jan)
|6200000||Bank Charges||$1.00||2018-12-31 00:00:00||2018-12-31 00:00:00|
|6750000||Professional Fees||$495.66||2018-12-31 00:00:00||2018-12-31 00:00:00|
|6820030||Taxes, Sales, GST||$19.97||2018-12-31 00:00:00||2018-12-31 00:00:00|
|1110012||Yellow House Suite||$82.00||2015-06-28 00:00:00||2015-06-28 00:00:00|
|1110012||TOTAL:||$598.63||2015-06-28 00:00:00||2018-12-31 00:00:00|
Labour, by person
Labour, by activity
"Vehicles" with no odometer, such as tractors or stationary equipment, are in tenths of an hour, rather than kilometres.
|1||Blue Jetta||66 km|
|Jan Steinman||Bubba||2014-04-11||35 km||$14.980||EcoReality||AAPC @ Bullock Lake||no|
|Jan Steinman||Blue Jetta||2010-06-10||25 km||$11.000||EcoReality||Islands Trust||yes|
|Jan Steinman||Blue Jetta||2010-06-08||16 km||$7.040||EcoReality||Islands Trust||yes|
|Jan Steinman||Blue Jetta||2010-05-06||25 km||$11.000||EcoReality||meeting at Islands Trust||yes|
List of disbursements and income, including:
- final, reconciled costs of the project,
- where money came from for the project, including Class A/B investment shares and to whom they are issued,
- final, reconciled labour on the project,
- After final accounting, no more time can be allocated to a project.
- Class B investment shares and to whom they are issued.
Share your opinion
blog comments powered by Disqus