Project ID: 70
- To provide shower facilities necessary for summer camping for students and visitors.
An essential part of a campground is personal hygiene facilities, including toilets and showers. The showers should, to the greatest extent possible, not use non-renewable resources. Solar, with biodiesel and/or electric backup is the preferred heat source. The runoff water must be dealt with in a sustainable manner. The shower facility must include a simple foyer for disrobing and dry storage for clothing and towels.
- 2010-09-27: With a new funder and imminent financing of the balance, this project has be restored to active status.
Goal or deliverable
- One or more outdoor showers, and associated hot water and greywater treatment.
Timeline, schedule, or end date
- Plan complete: December 2008.
- Ready for use: June 2009.
- Planning (Jan): 40 hours.
- Construction: 40 hours per shower.
Labour, by person
Labour, by activity
"Vehicles" with no odometer, such as tractors or stationary equipment, are in tenths of an hour, rather than kilometres.
Share your opinion
blog comments powered by Disqus