Plant used for/Stomachic
Please add more about plants that are used for Stomachic here!
- Aids and improves the action of the stomach.
For more information
Here is EcoReality's seed inventory for plants that are used as Stomachic:
|ID||common name||family||latin name||date||quantity||action||days to germ||propagation||days to maturity||habitat||sun||drainage||soil||inventory||notes||nutrients||needs||use|
|10||Codonopsis; Dang-shen||Campanulaceae||Codonopsis pilosula (dg fo pf wp)||7||Sow in spring. Watch out for gophers, these roots are tastier than carrots!
Do not allow the compost to dry out. The seed usually germinates in 1 - 6 weeks at 20°c. Prick out the seedlings into individual pots as soon as they are large enough to handle and grow them on in a greenhouse for their first winter. Plant out in late spring or early summer and protect them from slugs until the plants are well established.DIVISION in spring, with care, since the plant resents root disturbance. We have found it best to take small divisions that are teased out from the sides of the main clump so as to cause the least possible disturbance to the plants and to avoid having to dig up the clump. These small divisions need to be potted up and placed in light shade in a greenhouse until they are rooting well. They can be planted out into their permanent positions in the summer if they are large enough, otherwise in the following spring.
|Plant prefers full sun to part shade and something to climb on -- preferably another plant but lacking that at least a string.||sun or partial shade||well drained||garden||100 each||Twining and vining perennial native to China.
"Poor Man's Ginseng" builds chi and tonifys the blood. A fascinating climbing plant with bell-shaped blossoms. The roots are crunchy, very sweet, quite delicious. The herb in TCM is the pressed and dried, rolled root that is sugary and chewy. Highly recommended.
|Adaptogen, Appetizer, Digestive, Galactogogue, Sialagogue, Stomachic, Tonic|
You can search for all plants that
- are in a particular family
- Agavaceae, Aizoaceae, Alliaceae, Amaranthaceae, Anacardiaceae, Apiaceae, Apocynaceae, Araliaceae, Asteraceae, Boraginaceae, Brassicaceae, Campanulaceae, Caprifoliaceae, Adaptogen, Alterative, Analgesic, Anaphrodisiac, Anodyne, Anthelmintic, Antibacterial, Anticholesterolemic, Nitrogen, Phosphorous, Zinc
- supplies a particular nutrient (dynamic accumulator)
- Antioxidants, Boron, Calcium, Carbohydrate, Chromium, Copper, Fat, Fat: Omega-3, Fibre: Non-Soluble, Fibre: Soluble, Folate, Iodine, Iron, Lycopene, Magnesium, Manganese, Niacin, Nitrogen, Retrieved from "http://ecoreality.org/wiki/Plant_used_for/Stomachic"
Share your opinion
blog comments powered by Disqus