Project ID: 72
For summer events with larger groups, we need an outdoor kitchen.
A dormer extension to the unfinished portion of the barn/classroom/garage extends to the south, with a classic "U" kitchen arrangement within, facing out. Countertops ring the outside, with a suitable overhang so that diners can either eat seated in inclement weather, or serve themselves buffet-style. A small flip-up section of the counter provides a passage out, but preserves moderate security for the cooks. A pass-through into the building allows for inside dining when the unfinished portion is finished.
- 2010-09-27: With a new funder and imminent financing of the balance, this project has be restored to active status.
Goal or deliverable
An outdoor kitchen suitable for feeding 30 or more people.
Timeline, schedule, or end date
Complete and ready for operation for a 2011 Permaculture Design Course.
- Architectural drawings.
- Bill of materials.
- Building extension
- Composting toilets
- Outdoor kitchen
- Outdoor showers
- Permaculture design course 2011
- Design: Jan, 80 hours.
- Review: members, 20 person-hours.
- Procurement: Jan, 20 hours.
- Construction: three skilled carpenters, two weeks: 120 person-hours.
- Electrical & plumbing: 40 hours.
Labour, by person
Labour, by activity
"Vehicles" with no odometer, such as tractors or stationary equipment, are in tenths of an hour, rather than kilometres.
- Cash outlay:
- Class A shares:
- Class B shares:
Share your opinion
blog comments powered by Disqus