Minutes:20210502

From MediaWiki

Jump to: navigation, search

Annual General Meeting

For guidelines on the editing of minutes, please see the page on the responsibilities of the recorder.

  1. Agenda approved
  2. Minutes of last year's Annual General Meeting reviewed and approved.
  3. Election of directors:
    • Rebecca noted that she would not be serving as director for another term.
    • Cleome nominated Michael Kares as Director at large. Jan seconded.
    • AGREED: unanimously to the following election of directors, as required by law of annual general meetings:
  4. AGREED: EcoReality Co-op will not use an external auditor, as required by law unless agreed otherwise.
  5. AGREED: that no dividend be declared on any class of shares this year.
  • Date of next Annual General Meeting tentatively set for Sunday, 13 March 2022.
  • Adjourn the Annual General Meeting at 11:37
  • Respectfully submitted, Jan Steinman 15:52, 17 May 2021 (PDT)

Residents' Meeting

  • Meeting starts: 11:45
  • Present:
  • Circle Check-in/Story time/Introductions/Gratitude.
  • Agenda approved without change.
  • Old business & standing agenda items.
    1. Review and approve Minutes:20200312, Minutes:20200916, Minutes:20210110
    2. Review accomplishments
      • Greenhouse almost all planted.
      • Outside gardens are almost all done — looks amazing!
      • Almost $1,000 brought in for wholesale veggie starts.
      • Sam cleaned outhouse and made a composting spot for it.
      • Michael did a public-facing website.
      • Sam & Anna transplanted from house to classroom.
      • Canada Summer Jobs grant, recruited three applicants.
      • Michael organized "get to know you" zoom meetings for prospective members.
      • Will probably be in Tuesday Market this year, with Sam & Anna staffing.
    3. Market
      • Really slow, with zero tourists.
    4. Eggs
      • Mostly a subsistence item. Not a money-maker.
    5. Fruit
      • Put in eight new apple trees.
      • Becky pruned Japanese Silverberry and Goji.
    6. Greenhouse
      • Mostly planted; looking good.
      • Need to dig two more beds.
      • Need to finish mulching.
      • Still a lot of potting-up to do.
      • Greenhouse needs repair work.
    7. Dairy
      • Half-weaned two more dams.
      • Milking five in morning and seven at night.
      • Full weaning in seven weeks.
      • Two wethers spoken for.
      • New herdshare signed up.
    8. Infrastructure & Admin
      • Working on cleaning up the books so we can extend our mortgage.
      • "Cleaning up" just means making it acceptable to an accountant.
      • Could cost $5,000 to $15,000 to
      • ACTION: [ ] Michael will try to find an accountant volunteer who could help us gratis or at reduced fee. (Michael Kares)
      • Email problems a concern. Big issue that needs to be fixed.
      • Need DMARC wired in.
      • Goes into Gmail spam, even after white-listing.
      • ACTION: [ ] Examine alternatives, such as out-sourcing email services. (Jan Steinman)
      • Anna volunteered Sam's help on email matters, in absentia.
    9. Education
      • Student comes on Mondays for 2.5 hours.
      • Opens opportunity to work more formally with SD64 as a farm school program.
      • Perhaps 5-6 kids next year.
      • Continue to host international students.
    10. Projects
      • Humanure
      • Farm Stand
        • Have a floor! Got more mill slabs for walls. Progress slow because of other "must do" jobs.
    11. Off-Island Needs
      • Costco
      • Sawdust for blueberries
    12. Comings & Goings
      • Julia & Skyler coming next Saturday.
      • Harmony coming mid-June.
      • Rebecca leaving on Saturday.
    13. Health and safety concerns and updates.
      • Need to fix septic system drain field.
      • CoViD-19 position? We follow BC Health rules, or we lose our students and our markets.
  • New business
    1. Financial info.
      • Not available yet for April. Change meeting to 2nd Sunday, so we can have previous month's financials available.
      • We made money last month. Have a couple grand in the bank.
    2. Pither-Cowan suit settlement.
      • Have reached an agreement to pay them $383,750 by November 30.
      • Working on extending our mortgage, but would rather find new member-funders.
    3. Class B conversion upon liquidation.
      • Currently non-redeemable. In case of liquidation, Class B shares get nothing.
      • This request would convert Class B shares to Class A shares in exceptional circumstances.
      • Much discussion about the nature of Class B shares and sweat equity.
      • Sweat equity shares get all the benefits of work-exchange.
    4. Class A redemption changes.
      • Proposed changes met with general approval.
      • Will continue debate in the next meeting.
  • Next meeting, tentatively Sunday, June 13 (second Sunday of the month), 19:00, although there is a preference for a week night.
  • Circle Check-out/Feedback/Appreciation
  • Adjourn the Residents Meeting at 12:54
  • Respectfully submitted, Jan Steinman 00:17, 18 May 2021 (PDT)

Share your opinion


blog comments powered by Disqus
Personal tools
Get our newsletter!
Name:
Email Address:

disturbance
entry points
help (off site)
Environmental jobs, green volunteering, good work! Powered by the wind! This server and other
EcoReality operations
are 100% wind powered.
Powered by Mac OS X Powered by Mac MediaWiki Powered by MariaDB Powered by Valentina Studio Pro