Minutes:20150228

From MediaWiki

Jump to: navigation, search


For guidelines on the editing of minutes, please see the page on the responsibilities of the recorder.

  1. Meeting starts 17:03
  2. Check-in
  3. Agenda approved, with addition of fundraising steward report.
  4. The last meeting minutes: 16 February, approved.
    1. Matters arising from minutes: nothing noted.
  5. Old business: quick review of priority projects as determined in the last meeting.
    1. Community farm store: no change. Agreed to have a big push on this at spring break (28 March through 5 April).
    2. Greenhouse drainage: Gary Lee donated 1,200 sqft of landscape fabric, for which we gave him 160 Class B Investment Shares. Cleome, Belazs, and Adam have almost all the cedar mill slabs down. Cleome acquired additional landscape fabric to kill grass 4 feet on either side. This week, we'll dig out the four communicating channels, lay landscape fabric, acquire drain rock, and begin filling in.
    3. Electric market vehicle: no change.
    4. Animal shelters: no change. Need to goat-proof Rudy's fencing and turn many of the non-milkers into that field to mow it down. Need to let Rudy know. Need to exclose remaining chestnuts and blueberries.
    5. Commercial kitchen: will pick up a deep commercial double-bottom sink when we cross the water Monday or Tuesday.
    6. Upcoming classes and events: Film Festival next weekend; Jan will be gone most of Saturday. They may need additional volunteers if anyone wants a free pass.
    7. Recruiting: Leonard, who recently sold a house in Vancouver, is "looking for property" and will visit in the next few weeks.
    8. Fundraising: Adam looked at Dean's proposal. Discussion centered around how much would be needed, for how many people, and for how long.
  6. Health and safety concerns: toilet issues re-solved? Hair was still going in toilet, but signs are now up. Grace will make and label a trash bucket for non-flushables.
  7. New business:
    1. Resignation of membership of Rudy Siegers received on 21 February 2015. Rudy will continue to rent space and to be involved with activities as he wishes.
    2. Purchase of tabloid copier-printer for $283.88 (plus taxes and shipping) approved.
    3. AGREED: to definition of radical transparency.
    4. 18:27 In camera discussion of recent communications. (Subject concerns potential litigation.)
    5. 18:49 In camera session ends.
    6. AGREED: Jan will draft response to be reviewed by members.
  8. Review arrivals/departures, guests and apprentices:
    • Dean to be here Monday to help out.
    • Cleome probably not here next weekend.
  9. Farm meeting:
    • Need to open greenhouse about one hour after sun comes out on sunny days.
    • Jan will join Grace in greenhouse work at 11 AM.
    • Need to purchase a watering can for sensitive seeds that get washed out with the hose sprayer.
    • To do list:
      • Get a couple yards of container mix from Integrity.
      • Jan to clean Physalis seed, and plant about 1/3rd of a tray for indoor starting.
      • Order drain rock for greenhouse.
      • Continue working on greenhouse trenching.
      • Continue to clean goat sheds.
    • Things completed:
      • Plant peppers and other early starts. DONE!
      • Obtain landscape fabric. DONE!
  10. Confirmed next meeting: Next residents' meeting: Adam facilitator, Saturday, 7 March 2015 16:00.
  • Meeting adjourned, 19:07
  • Respectfully submitted, Jan Steinman 06:22, 1 March 2015 (CET)

Share your opinion


blog comments powered by Disqus
Personal tools
Get our newsletter!
Name:
Email Address:

disturbance
entry points
help (off site)
Environmental jobs, green volunteering, good work! Powered by the wind! This server and other
EcoReality operations
are 100% wind powered.
Powered by Mac OS X Powered by Mac MediaWiki Powered by MariaDB Powered by Valentina Studio Pro