Minutes:20150124

From MediaWiki

Jump to: navigation, search


For guidelines on the editing of minutes, please see the page on the responsibilities of the recorder.

  1. Meeting starts 16:05
  2. Check-in
  3. Agenda approved, with addition of talk about beginning strategic planning.
  4. The last two meeting minutes: 10 January and 17 January approved.
    1. Matters arising from minutes:
      • Increased emphasis on making a run to Integrity for container soil and feed. See if they have sunflower seed on sale.
      • Chickens in Rudy's garden again, digging up his garlic. Grace & Adam offered to help with fencing maintenance.
  5. Old business: quick review of priority projects as determined in the last meeting.
    1. Community farm store: nothing to report.
    2. Greenhouse drainage: Slegg was out of 4' landscape fabric. They will place order and call us when it is in. Adam will see if Windsor has it. Jan will also check mail order (Farm Tek) prices. Need to order drain rock. South ditch needs to be cut in closer to greenhouse, and the main connector to drain ditch needs to be leveled in prep for putting in pipe. Discussion about how to protect against grass infiltration and soil erosion from inside greenhouse; will proceed with current plan to put cedar slabs along the outside, below the baseboard, to be held in place by the drain rock.
    3. Electric market vehicle: electric vehicle books are being donated by Cor from the EV email list. Jan has a lead on a used pot box needed for completion.
    4. Animal shelters: Make sure we use the ugliest slabs for the greenhouse drainage, as we'll need the better slabs for the animal shelters.
    5. Commercial kitchen: nothing noted. Cleome will keep her eye open for fixture deals.
    6. Upcoming classes and events: Seedy Saturday is Saturday, 14 February. We have volunteered to staff the seed exchange table all day; Grace and Adam are both interested in doing so. We would also like to have a booth. Sandra and Dave said they will volunteer. There is a land-sharing session on Sunday that we should attend.
    7. Recruiting: Phoenix from Stratford, ON, thinks his building will sell in March, and he is tentatively planning a visit in April.
  6. Health and safety concerns: none noted.
  7. New business:
    1. We agreed to begin a strategic planning process. Next week, Jan will review our five-year business plan and our 50-year development plan. The following week, people should be prepared to discuss changes and additions they'd like to see. (Perhaps the second phase should be delayed, as Cleome will not be here in two weeks, and the week following that is Seedy Saturday.)
  8. Review arrivals/departures, guests and apprentices:
    • Ron and daughter are away, but should be back next week. Amelia is leaving on the 28th.
    • Cleome not here weekend of Feb 5.
    • Possible visit from Cecil, a friend of Adam and Grace.
  9. Farm meeting:
    • When do our Seed Savers seeds come in? Jan is sure Mark will let him know, as we owe him money for the order!
    • Jan to clean Physalis seed, and plant about 1/3rd of a tray for indoor starting.
    • Order drain rock for greenhouse.
    • Continue working on greenhouse trenching.
    • Need to fix the east end of the compost bins, and clean goat shed into it.
    • Need to put yellow plum cuttings in starting medium.
    • Adam & Jan to meet with Elizabeth W about composting CRD "organic" waste. (Note: "organic" is a term-of-art to sanitation engineers that means "food waste." It does not mean it comes from organic food, and it may contain lots of unwanted stuff. Rudy expressed unwillingness to use it on his garden. It was suggested we could sell it to the community farmers.)
    • Adam & Jan to speak at Chamber of Commerce meeting on Wednesday, Feb 4.
    • Things completed:
      • Need to get rid of excess roosters. DONE!
      • Cuttings from yellow plum across street collected. DONE!
  10. Confirmed next meeting: Next residents' meeting: Adamn facilitator, Saturday, 31 January 2015 16:00. Will continue meeting every week.
  • Meeting adjourned, 17:03
  • Respectfully submitted, Jan Steinman 02:49, 25 January 2015 (CET)

Share your opinion


blog comments powered by Disqus
Personal tools
Get our newsletter!
Name:
Email Address:

disturbance
entry points
help (off site)
Environmental jobs, green volunteering, good work! Powered by the wind! This server and other
EcoReality operations
are 100% wind powered.
Powered by Mac OS X Powered by Mac MediaWiki Powered by MariaDB Powered by Valentina Studio Pro