- Meeting starts 16:18
- Agenda approved.
- The previous meeting minutes not reviewed, due to technical difficulties. (Could not get laptop to look at the website.)
- Old business: quick review of priority projects as determined in the last meeting.
- Community farm store: nothing to report.
- Greenhouse drainage: Andrew got most of the trench work done, had some concerns about slope and flow. Need to purchase landscape fabric and drain rock. Rudy to look out for urbanite at the Blackburn Mall, to put over the drain rock, to help keep grass out and to provide a wheelbarrow path surface. Rudy discovered a 4" pipe along the fence in the east field; it would be nice to know what it is for.
- Electric market vehicle: nothing to report.
- Animal shelters: Rudy to keep his eyes open for 6" posts or dimensional lumber to use as skids. Also will need some dimensional for corners, and metal for roofs.
- Commercial kitchen: nothing noted.
- Upcoming classes and events: Seedy Saturday is Saturday, 14 February. Sandra and Dave have volunteered to help, along with Grace and Adam.
- Recruiting: nothing noted.
- Health and safety concerns: Andrew concerned about mould spots on ceiling of West Bedroom of Yellow House.
- New business:
- Nothing noted.
- Farm meeting:
- setting up starting bench in house, with lights and heat.
- Bought more seeds.
- start peppers this weekend.
- get rid of excess roosters tomorrow
- Need to get potting soil from Integrity.
- Need to start getting horse manure from North Saanich.
- Confirmed next meeting: Next residents' meeting: Jan facilitator, Saturday, 24 January 2015 16:00. Will continue meeting every week, to see if it needs to be more or less often.
- Meeting adjourned, 17:05
- Respectfully submitted, Jan Steinman 02:22, 18 January 2015 (CET)
Share your opinion
blog comments powered by Disqus