other meetings this year
- Meeting starts 10:05
- Agenda approved with addition of winter garden and packing shed discussion.
- Minutes of past meeting, 21 September 2013, reviewed and approved.
- Old business:
- New business: none
- Review arrivals/departures, guests and apprentices:
- Cleome leaving on the 15:50 ferry tomorrow.
- Jan to Dayton, WA October 4-6.
- Mindy leaving for Washington, DC October 9-15.
- Cleome moving 2nd weekend in October, and won't be here until the 19th.
- Farm meeting:
- Winter gardening desires: kale, collards, sweet onions (for spring starts), mescluns, raab broccoli, spinach, mache.
- Rudy to contact Clay about the dryers and juicer left in the packing shed. Jan & Mindy to support Rudy in packing shed clean-up.
- Items to track (rough priority order):
- Contact our retailers and see what they would like from a winter garden.
- Replace water timer in west room of greenhouse.
- Jan contact Gavin about putting manure on fields he leases from us.
- Pull up and store field irrigation in prep for winter cover crops.
- Get cedar slabs and bark from Shane for projects and path mulch.
- Prep area and plant garden in west garden.
- Put a second tarp on hay barn; tarp the sides.
- Build bigger planters for Physalis. Shoot for 8' to 9', depending on what we can get from Shane.
- Chipping -- Jan check mill for cedar bark for prop room floor. (Jan Steinman)
- Jan and others: re-arrange the greenhouse tables.
- Complete irrigation plumbing in greenhouse after locating and levelling tables. In process as tables are positioned and levelled.
- Fix sickle bar and do mowing.
- Jan will bring part on his trip to Washington (6th)
- Need to move the glass canning jars out of the Yellow House parking lot before they get broken.
- Find a place to put jars!
- Investigate using small greenhouse as a food dehydrator.
- Cane berries, moving to west fence of west garden -- wait for fall dormancy.
- Fix big rototiller -- won't run for more than a minutes or so; investigate fuel blockage -- back burner, winter project.
- Jan: begin making horsetail/nettle tea to keep powdery mildew and other fungus down. -- back burner for when humidity increases.
- Tracked items recently completed:
- Rescue stuck chain saw, harvest firewood. DONE! (but more harvesting to come)
- Pick and process tomatoes and pepperoncini. DONE! (but ongoing)
- Confirmed next meeting: Next residents' meeting: Jan facilitator, Saturday, 5 October 2013, 10:00.
- Meeting adjourned, 10:55
- Respectfully submitted, Jan Steinman 04:35, 30 September 2013 (CEST)
Share your opinion
blog comments powered by Disqus