Minutes:20130528

From MediaWiki

Jump to: navigation, search


For guidelines on the editing of minutes, please see the page on the responsibilities of the recorder.

  1. Meeting starts 08:55
  2. Check-in
  3. Agenda approved.
  4. Minutes of past meeting, 21 May 2013, reviewed and approved.
  5. Old business:
    1. Matters arising from minutes: covered in farm meeting, below.
    2. Project updates:
      1. Upcoming classes and events:
        • Jen interested in setting up Early Childhood Education day program this summer. Jan asked her to prepare a plan, budget, and schedule.
      2. Recruiting:
        • Rajnish has filed his immigration application, but cannot provide funding until his immigration comes through.
      3. EcoNest cottage: no change. Need to get funding this week, or abort until next year.
    3. Health and safety concerns and updates:
      • Need to move the glass canning jars out of the Yellow House parking lot before they get broken.
  6. New business:
    1. AGREED: Meetings will be moved to Monday at 09:00 until Tony returns, at which point we may revisit, as Tony may have problems being here then.
    2. AGREED: Jan, Jen, Mark, and any other regular workers will meet briefly at 08:30 each day to quickly review priorities, the day's tasks, and support needs.
    3. EcoReality-supplied food etiquette.
      • Jan requests that meals prepared with EcoReality-supplied food be communal, that all who are eating in exchange for services be included.
      • Jen is concerned that she is the de-facto cook, and this will take her away from the greenhouse for three hours per day or more.
      • Jan suggests a sign-up sheet, with rotating cooking duties.
      • Jen thinks rotating cooking will be too disruptive and will result in more kitchen chaos.
      • Jan requests that everyone go off and think about ways we can make this happen as much as possible.
    4. Jan requests that anyone who needs to use the EcoReality phone line for more than just a few minutes ask him if it's a good time. This is a business line, and it must be available for EcoReality business.
      • Reminder that we are paying extra for call-waiting, and that incoming calls have priority. When using the phone and hearing the beep of an incoming call, please flash to the incoming call and take a message before continuing your call.
  7. Review arrivals/departures, guests and apprentices:
    • Tony gone through July 11 -- have a good trip, Tony!
    • Will arrives June 1.
    • Cleome arriving June 14.
    • Cleome gone July 6-22.
    • Adrienne arriving Friday for a week, hoping to be back at end of June for possibly longer. Jen will clean out the trailer for her.
  8. Farm meeting:
    • Items to track (rough priority order):
      1. Transplant pumpkins to east of white house, and set up irrigation for them.
      2. Direct seed: carrots, lettuce, beets.
      3. NEW fix East Garden irrigation leaks.
      4. Tent caterpillars: Need to debug remaining heavy infestation in one willow, plus big apple tree.
      5. Jen plant more potatoes in three remaining potato cages or in West Garden beds.
      6. Finish scything east and west rooms in greenhouse. DONE -- thanks, Tony!
      7. Rototill east and west rooms in greenhouse.
      8. Rudy/Jen/India/Brooklyn will begin weeding the two strawberry beds, and will capture nice looking babies for sale in pots.
      9. Cane berries, weeding and drainage.
      10. Fix big rototiller -- won't run for more than a minutes or so; investigate fuel blockage.
      11. Boost priority of fixing Vanagon.
      12. Jan and others: re-arrange the greenhouse tables in preparation for massive numbers of starts -- in progress.
      13. Complete irrigation plumbing in greenhouse after locating and levelling tables. In process as tables are positioned and levelled.
      14. NEW Rudy will contact Moats to have more cardboard delivered.
      15. India/Brooklyn: de-taping cardboard for sheet mulching.
      16. Jen/Jan investigate using small greenhouse as a food dehydrator.
      17. Chipping -- Jan check mill for cedar bark for prop room floor.
      18. Jan/Jen: begin making horsetail/nettle tea to keep powdery mildew and other fungus down.
      19. Jen will investigate making some nice goat name tags for their collars.
    • Work party Friday, pot luck Friday evening.
  9. Plans for the week: (covered above)
  10. Confirmed next meeting: Next residents' meeting: Jan facilitator, Monday, 3 June 2013, 09:00. 'NOTE new day and time!
  • Meeting adjourned, 09:53.
  • Respectfully submitted, Jan Steinman 23:42, 28 May 2013 (CEST)

Share your opinion


blog comments powered by Disqus
Personal tools
Get our newsletter!
Name:
Email Address:

disturbance
entry points
help (off site)
Environmental jobs, green volunteering, good work! Powered by the wind! This server and other
EcoReality operations
are 100% wind powered.
Powered by Mac OS X Powered by Mac MediaWiki Powered by MariaDB Powered by Valentina Studio Pro