other meetings this year
- Meeting starts 11:15
- Agenda approved.
- Minutes of past meeting, 24 April 2013, reviewed and approved.
- Old business:
- Matters arising from minutes: nothing noted
- Project updates:
- Upcoming classes and events: nothing noted.
- Be sure Rudy gets a printed copy of Action Group packet.
- EcoNest cottage:
- With all the other stuff going on, still haven't connected with Neddy.
- Work on rezoning proceeding; research on septic/greywater complete -- need to write it up, perhaps 10-20 hours of work.
- Health and safety concerns and updates:
- Fixing the refrigerator is a priority.
- New business:
- Explained meter readings and billing for electricity use. There is a typo on the yellow house electricity, it should be '30148' rather than '50148'. Jan will fix.
- Reviewed 2013-04 harvest, 2013-04 sales, 2013-04 labour, and 2013-04 gross productivity.
- New meeting time discussion.
- AGREED: residents' meetings will be at 9 AM on Tuesday through May. They will end promptly at 10 AM, as Jan needs to deliver milk in Ganges at 10:15. They will need to change in June, as we will probably want Tuesday mornings uninterrupted to prepare for Tuesday Market.
- Review arrivals/departures, guests and apprentices:
- Farm meeting:
- Old items to track:
- Jan and others: re-arrange the greenhouse tables in preparation for massive numbers of starts -- in progress.
- Tent caterpillars: Jan removed from all but one willow along front. Need to debug remaining heavy infestation in one willow, plus big apple tree.
- Rudy has finished grass removal around greenhouse -- now need to load it with gravel.
- Tony has completed trenching and draining the greenhouse.
- Jan/Jen: begin making horsetail/nettle tea to keep powdery mildew and other fungus down.
- Rudy/Jen/India/Brooklyn will begin weeding the two strawberry beds, and will capture nice looking babies for sale in pots.
- Tony/Jen/Jan will work up a couple beds in the west garden by hand and plant potatoes in them.
- India/Brooklyn: de-taping cardboard for sheet mulching.
- Jen will investigate making some nice goat name tags for their collars.
- Jan teach Jen on soil block mix.
- New items:
- Fix big rototiller -- won't run for more than a minutes or so; investigate fuel blockage.
- Prep area for potato cages.
- Jan train and check out Tony on machinery.
- Jan investigate spiders in soil blocks.
- Jen/Jan investigate using small greenhouse as a food dehydrator.
- Complete irrigation plumbing in greenhouse after locating and levelling tables.
- Work first set of beds for direct seeding
- Direct seed: carrots, lettuce, beets.
- Tony orientation on tools
- Boost priority of fixing Vanagon
- Old items to track:
- Plans for the week: (covered above)
- Confirmed next meeting: Next residents' meeting: Jan facilitator, Tuesday, 14 May 2013, 09:00. 'NOTE new day and time!
- Meeting adjourned, 12:42.
- Respectfully submitted, Jan Steinman 02:06, 12 May 2013 (CEST)
Share your opinion
blog comments powered by Disqus