Minutes:20130424

From MediaWiki

Jump to: navigation, search


For guidelines on the editing of minutes, please see the page on the responsibilities of the recorder.

  1. Meeting starts 16:00
  2. Check-in
  3. Agenda approved.
  4. Minutes of past meeting, 17 April 2013, reviewed and approved.
  5. Old business:
    1. Matters arising from minutes: nothing noted
    2. Project updates:
      1. Upcoming classes and events:
        • May 1 funders meeting planning:
          • Three meals needed: lunch and dinner Wednesday and lunch Thursday. On your own for breakfast Thursday.
          • Jan will ensure our canopy (which was loaned out last year) is in working condition, so we can have a picnic if weather cooperates.
          • We may have a camping trailer available for lodging, and Jen has volunteered a tent.
      2. Recruiting:
        • (See event planning, above).
      3. EcoNest cottage:
          • Contact Andrew the excavator to get an estimate for site prep work.
          • Talked to Neddy about involving the Land Bank Society, and she was busy and asked for a call late this week.
          • Jan has spoken again with Caitlyn about re-zoning fees. She sent guidelines that Jan is reviewing.
          • Work on rezoning proceeding; research on septic/greywater complete -- need to write it up, perhaps 10-20 hours of work.
    3. Health and safety concerns and updates: none noted
  6. New business:
    1. AGREED: to provide parking for a one-year-old 29' travel trailer owned by Sylvia de Vasquez, who agreed we could use it through October.
  7. Review arrivals/departures, guests and apprentices:
    • Jan helping Tony move tomorrow afternoon.
  8. Farm meeting:
    • Old items to track:
      1. Tent caterpillars are starting to hatch. Jen and Jan will look for egg masses to cut off and destroy.
      2. Rudy working on removing grass from around the greenhouse -- in progress. When gone, we can put gravel or something similar around the base.
      3. Tony volunteered to work on trenching and draining the greenhouse -- in progress.
      4. Jan and others: re-arrange the greenhouse tables in preparation for massive numbers of starts -- in progress.
      5. Jan/Jen: begin making horsetail/nettle tea to keep powdery mildew and other fungus down.
      6. Rudy/Jen/India/Brooklyn will begin weeding the two strawberry beds, and will capture nice looking babies for sale in pots.
      7. Jen/Jan will work up a couple beds in the west garden by hand and plant potatoes in them.
      8. India/Brooklyn: de-taping cardboard for sheet mulching.
      9. Jen will investigate making some nice goat name tags for their collars.
    • New items:
      1. Organize and clean up classroom in prep for Action Group meeting.
      2. Organize and tidy up the grounds.
      3. Jan teach Jen how to make soil block mix.
      4. Prep soil blocks for Friday 10 AM work party -- have two confirmations (Bob & Dona).
  9. Plans for the week: (covered above)
  10. Confirmed next meeting: Next residents' meeting: Jan facilitator, Wednesday, 1 May 2013, 11:00.
  • Meeting adjourned, 17:05.
  • Respectfully submitted, Jan Steinman 06:33, 25 April 2013 (CEST)

Share your opinion


blog comments powered by Disqus
Personal tools
Get our newsletter!
Name:
Email Address:

disturbance
entry points
help (off site)
Environmental jobs, green volunteering, good work! Powered by the wind! This server and other
EcoReality operations
are 100% wind powered.
Powered by Mac OS X Powered by Mac MediaWiki Powered by MariaDB Powered by Valentina Studio Pro