Minutes:20130410

From MediaWiki

Jump to: navigation, search


For guidelines on the editing of minutes, please see the page on the responsibilities of the recorder.

  1. Meeting starts 10:58
  2. Check-in
    1. Free-ranging discussion about people and roles.
      • Carol stated that she wants to end her relationship with EcoReality.
      • Jan asked that she put that in writing -- an email will do.
      • AGREED: effective immediately, Carol no longer has to perform ten hours of work for EcoReality that is normally required of non-resident members.
  3. Agenda approved.
  4. Minutes of past meeting, 3 April 2013, reviewed and approved.
  5. Old business:
    1. Matters arising from minutes: nothing noted
    2. Project updates:
      1. Upcoming classes and events:
        • Vince V, from Atlanta, is interested in coming to EcoReality in May and conducting classes.
      2. Recruiting:
        • Still planning a meeting at the end of the month for potential funding partners to meet and figure out how to best proceed.
      3. EcoNest cottage:
        • Jan had a good call with Robert last Thursday, will be ongoing on Thursday evenings. Site prep is the first concern, and Robert will put Jan in touch with Mike, who did site prep for their cottage on Mt. Belcher.
        • Building permit should be accomplished by end of April.
        • Work on rezoning proceeding, with Jan doing research on how to get away from a septic field through composting toilets and a greywater constructed wetland.
    3. Update on farm steward recruiting:
      • Jennifer Campbell, India, & Brooklyn should be here tomorrow. Jan proceeding to prep their room for them.
    4. Health and safety concerns and updates: none noted
  6. New business: none noted
  7. Review arrivals/departures, guests and apprentices:
    • Carol is moving by end of month, and would like to use the classroom as a staging area.
      • AGREED: Carol can use the classroom as a staging area for moving at the end of April 2013.
      • If Carol cannot find a suitable place, she may move to Oregon before the end of the month.
    • Jen & kids arriving tomorrow or Friday.
  8. Farm meeting:
    1. Rudy continuing to work on culturing morels.
    2. Rudy expressed concern about rainwater infiltration in greenhouse. Rudy and Jan will look at improving the trenching around the greenhouse, and the trench connecting to the drain ditch.
    3. Carol suggested wet paper towel for germinating tomato seeds, and will go over to the greenhouse after the meeting to look at the tomatoes in soil blocks to see if we should be doing anything differently.
    4. Rudy salvaged seven blueberries, which have been interplanted between the chestnuts.
    5. Work party planned Friday, 10-1, with several people confirmed already.
  9. Plans for the week:
    • Rudy will learn the varieties of the blueberries he planted.
    • Jan will help Jen settle in and get oriented.
    • Carol will use classroom for staging her move.
    • Jan: continued work on rezoning proposal and building permit.
    • Jan & Rudy: maintain greenhouse trenching for rainwater control.
  10. Confirmed next meeting: Next residents' meeting: Jan facilitator, Wednesday, 17 April 2013, 11:00.
  • Meeting adjourned, 11:59.
  • Respectfully submitted, Jan Steinman 23:30, 10 April 2013 (CEST)

Share your opinion


blog comments powered by Disqus
Personal tools
Get our newsletter!
Name:
Email Address:

disturbance
entry points
help (off site)
Environmental jobs, green volunteering, good work! Powered by the wind! This server and other
EcoReality operations
are 100% wind powered.
Powered by Mac OS X Powered by Mac MediaWiki Powered by MariaDB Powered by Valentina Studio Pro