other meetings this year
- Meeting starts 10:59
- Agenda approved.
- Minutes of past meeting, 20 March 2013, reviewed and approved.
- Old business:
- Matters arising from minutes: nothing noted
- Project updates:
- Upcoming classes and events: nothing to report.
- Three strong funding partners are interested. Jan is trying to arrange for them to all meet together between April 30 and May 2, When Rajnish will be here.
- Jan will ping contact list again, now that EcoNest cost estimate is firming up.
- EcoNest cottage:
- Jan has a phone call scheduled with Robert L for Thursday evening.
- $60 to $97k covers most things now.
- Need to clarify the definition of a "commercial kitchen" that we are allowed to put in an auxiliary farm building.
- Tony is interested in helping us with early cash flow needs, including updated drawings, building permit, and re-zoning fee.
- Update on farm steward recruiting:
- Jennifer C, India, & Benjamin are leaving Churchill, MN tomorrow, 4 April, planning to arrive here 11 April. We will clear up the big room for them next week.
- Health and safety concerns and updates: none noted
- New business:
- Electricity use up $40 in Yellow House, down $20 in White House, up $20 for outbuilding -- probably due to seedling heat in the greenhouse.
- Sales for March is the lowest in three years. We brainstormed reasons and solutions. There is increased competition for eggs in the neighbourhood, for one. Bigger sign? We have less milk, for another reason. Hope to do staggered breeding next year to avoid "dry spell."
- AGREED: reimburse Jan via revolving account for the $300 he spent on ten American Chestnut trees, now that they are planted. Jan will also receive 167.5 Class B shares for the work of planting and setting up irrigation.
- Review arrivals/departures, guests and apprentices:
- Carol returning from Oregon tomorrow, April 4.
- Carol is looking for a new home, beginning 1 June or sooner.
- Jen & kids coming next week; Mark to come in May.
- Karin P has changed her plans, and will not be coming at all. Jan will go over list for alternatives.
- Jaylene & Chandler status not known. Jan will follow-up.
- Farm meeting:
- American Chestnut trees planted along west fence of east field.
- Work party, Friday, 1PM, in greenhouse.
- Having soil blocks made up ahead kept things moving nicely.
- Plans for the week:
- Rudy: take over care of morels in greenhouse.
- Jan: set up watering for chestnut trees.
- Jan: attend ING tonight.
- Jan: prepare materials needed for work party, and obtain more seeds.
- Jan: continued work on 30-year development plan in preparation for rezoning proposal.
- Confirmed next meeting: Next residents' meeting: Jan facilitator, Wednesday, 10 April 2013, 11:00.
- Meeting adjourned, 11:53.
- Respectfully submitted, Jan Steinman 21:33, 3 April 2013 (CEST)
Share your opinion
blog comments powered by Disqus