other meetings this year
- Meeting starts 11:05
- Discussion about Ron appearing and taking pictures.
- AGREED: Ron needs to notify us before showing up on site or removing anything from the site.
- Agenda approved.
- Minutes of past meeting, 30 January 2013, reviewed and approved with one change requested by Carol.
- Old business:
- Matters arising from minutes: planning for Seedy Saturday included below.
- Review to do list: no changes
- Review calendar: not done
- Project updates:
- Community farm store: no change
- Upcoming classes and events:
- Seedy Saturday
- Carol is under a lot of stress, and can't commit to being there at all, but may show up if she's feeling good.
- Rudy will come help setup and staff Carol's hour. Dennis will staff 11 AM to 2 PM. Dona is 2 PM to 3 PM -- Jan needs to confirm with her.
- Carol will do a test toast of pumpkin seeds right after the meeting.
- Rudy will supply seed bags and some locally-adapted seed.
- Jan will do labels, recipe, signage, and everything else needed.
- Carol asked if table provided? Jan thought we should bring our own, since the Farmers Institute tables are 8' long and we don't have enough inventory. Also need a chair.
- Humanure workshop: no change. Jan needs to touch base with Lea.
- Seedy Saturday
- Recruiting (Jan)
- Carol request copies of email that Jan sends to interested parties.
- Plans progressing for building a cottage this summer -- many details to be worked out! Natural building student and community labour -- where will they stay?
- Emergency power (Jan): no change
- Yellow house suite (Jan): no change
- Water system (Jan): no change
- Health and safety concerns and updates: none noted
- New business
- Meter readings performed and billed against security deposits.
- January statistics not reviewed -- a little goat milk and some eggs.
- Request to nominate Jan Steinman to serve as EcoReality's representative on the Salt Spring Island Climate Action Council Society.
- Jan thinks this is a good opportunity for networking and to find out about opportunities and resources associated with climate change.
- Carol expressed concern that it would take Jan's time away from more important things. Jan asked what amount of time would be appropriate, one hour per month?
- Carol said she wondered about the viability of the organization.
- AGREED: Jan will serve as EcoReality's representative on the Salt Spring Island Climate Action Council Society, and will be careful about the amount of time spent on that activity.
- Review arrivals/departures, guests and apprentices:
- Rudy will be gone at night the next week, caring for his daughter.
- Carol will be gone Monday through Thursday.
- Ralph coming in the next week or two from Prince George for a tour and Farm Steward interview.
- Farm meeting:
- Rudy interested in growing hemp for seed.
- Carol noted that a permit is required for under 10 acres.
- Rudy will look into the legality issue, and Carol will research what it takes to get a permit.
- Farm manager: two interesting candidates stand out, other being contacted and screened.
- Plans for the week:
- Jan: prep for Seedy Saturday
- Confirmed next meeting: Next residents' meeting: Jan facilitator, Wednesday, 13 February 2013, 11:00.
- Meeting adjourned, 11:59.
- Respectfully submitted, Jan Steinman 21:44, 6 February 2013 (CET)
Share your opinion
blog comments powered by Disqus