other meetings this year
- Meeting starts 09:08
- Check-in: free-ranging conversation about the co-op's challenges.
- Agenda approved.
- Minutes of previous meeting, 12 December 2012, reviewed and approved.
- Old business:
- Matters arising from minutes: Jan has been closing out books for 2012, still no 2013 budget.
- Review to do list: not done
- Review calendar: not done
- Project updates:
- Community farm store: no change
- Upcoming classes and events: no change
- Recruiting (Jan)
- There are currently seven parties interested in investing in EcoReality, in different stages. Will probably not be resolved by the spring real-estate season.
- Commercial propagation greenhouse (Jan):
- Request to close off this project (as documented via link above), with total cash outlay of $13,855.67 (38.6% over budget) and 8957.5 Class B Shares (106% over budget). Jan to be given 8465.5 Class B Investment Shares, Carol to be given 492 Class B Investment Shares; no other non-compensated time logged.
- AGREED: to close off the commercial propagation greenhouse project. Jan to be given 8465.5 Class B Investment Shares, Carol to be given 492 Class B Investment Shares.
- Emergency power (Jan): no change
- Yellow house suite (Jan): no change
- Water system (Jan): no change
- Health and safety concerns and updates: none noted
- New business:
- Meters were read to bill for electricity use; December White House electricity comes to $51.02 per room.
- Review 2012-12 harvest, 2012-12 sales, 2012-12 labour, and 2012-12 gross productivity: not reviewed, but noted that there was actually a tiny profit last year for the first time since EcoReality was formed.
- Request and discussion to begin the process of selling EcoReality -- essentially, restart Plan Z. Jan to steward and to be compensated $15 per hour, retroactive to the beginning of December 2012.
- Rudy expressed dismay and the hope that our continuing investor search will make this unnecessary.
- Jan noted that both activities can go in parallel, but that getting the property ready for sale requires lead time, and so must be started soon to avoid missing the spring/summer real estate season.
- AGREED: to begin the process of selling EcoReality. Jan to steward and to be compensated $15 per hour, retroactive to the beginning of December 2012. (Unanimous: Carol agreed via email, see below.)
- Next step is a shareholder resolution, similar to the one that was defeated on 29 November 2011.
- Review arrivals/departures, guests and apprentices: none noted
- Farm meeting:
- Need to process pumpkins, pears, and apples before they spoil.
- Plans for the week:
- Jan: Personally contact all Class A Investment Shareholders to discuss the options before us.
- Jan: Continue to recruit investors.
- Confirmed next meeting: Next residents' meeting: Wednesday, Jan facilitator, 9 January 2013, 09:00.
- Meeting adjourned, 10:15.
- Respectfully submitted, Jan Steinman 22:18, 2 January 2013 (CET)
On 2013-01-02, at 14:03, Carol Wagner wrote: I agree! On 2013-01-02, at 12:32 PM, Jan Steinman wrote: >Hi, per your instructions, I tried to call you a bit after 10 AM while Rudy was still here. >If you agree with the following statement, can you reply with the worlds I AGREE, please? >I'd like such a resolution to be unanimous. >## Request and discussion to begin the process of selling EcoReality -- essentially, >restart Plan Z. Jan to steward and to be compensated $15 per hour, retroactive to >the beginning of December 2012.
Share your opinion
blog comments powered by Disqus