other meetings this year
- Meeting starts 09:14
- Laptop computer not talking to WiFi; meeting proceeds from printed agenda and printed minutes.
- Minutes of previous two meetings, 2012-10-24 and 2012-10-31, reviewed and approved.
- Old business:
- Matters arising from minutes
- Jan followed up with Jen about a Reiki class, and she is not up for it at this time.
- Good progress noted on East Field things: packing shed moved, gate post moved. Still need to dig person gate post, tighten fence, and re-hang large gate.
- Harvest complete, except for sugar beets and leeks. The leeks stay in the ground, and Alex and James will get the sugar beets out and into sand boxes in the next week.
- Garlic has been planted and mulched with pear leaves. Some concern that leaves will blow away.
- Cover crop seed purchased and underway.
- Tomatoes are being removed from east room of greenhouse, and being hung. East room can be cover cropped when tomatoes are out.
- Rudy suggests dahlias as a suitable market crop.
- James & Alex will find space in the Ikea building for a pallet to put sand-packed sugar beets on. Jan will take the recycling from that building in next Tuesday.
- Kale transplanted.
- Melons composted.
- Turnips slowly being converted to brown gold by goats. About 1/3rd have been chopped and fed.
- Thistles removed from west garden.
- Mouldy tomatoes to be fed to chickens, rather than composed.
- Ground cherries have been picked and processed.
- Jan will mark the hinge post for the new passenger gate in the east field.
- Greenhouse cover crop needs more time before chickens go in there.
- Rudy will prepare an area in Ron's trailer for paint and other materials that are currently in the farm store area, which can then be cleaned and prepped for construction.
- Health & safety: nothing noted.
- New business:
- Meter readings and billing for electricity use reviewed, comes to $40.05 for each of five rooms in the White House. Emerick has already paid.
- Request to use corner of Jan & Carol's greenhouse for juice pear storage.
- Brief discussion; members agreed Christian has no hold on that greenhouse.
- AGREED: Jan will move an empty shelf unit out of the small green house and put a mesh container in there for storing the big pears from the West Garden tree.
- Review of 2012-10 harvest, 2012-10 sales, 2012-10 labour, and 2012-10 gross productivity deferred until the next meeting
- Straw man 2013 budget and discussion deferred until the next meeting.
- Farm meeting
- Mostly discussed during minutes review.
- Need to winterize greenhouse. Jan suggests taping plastic in the corners to control air infiltration and bird entry. (Birds are eating the cover crop!)
- Alex and James have agreed to rent Ben's trailer for $235/month. They can help out on some daily things, and be available for some "work party" bigger things, in exchange for some food, details to be worked out. The trailer is damp in the back, and needs a bit of winterization. Alex will continue to feed and water chickens. James will continue to help Jan with evening milking.
- Confirmed next meeting: Next residents' meeting: Wednesday, Jan facilitator, 14 November 2012, 09:00.
- Meeting adjourned, 10:03.
- Respectfully submitted, Jan Steinman 22:50, 7 November 2012 (CET)
Share your opinion
blog comments powered by Disqus