other meetings this year
- Meeting starts 09:02
- Agenda approved.
- Minutes of previous meeting, 2012-08-22, approved; matters arising discussed.
- Old business:
- To do not reviewed.
- Calendar not reviewed.
- Project updates:
- Farm stay hostel:
- Rudy to scout for bunk beds, single mattresses, and construction materials for making bunk beds.
- Upcoming classes and events: no changes.
- Necessary changes in involvement in EcoReality: no changes.
- Goat shed II: no changes.
- Commercial propagation greenhouse: no changes.
- Emergency power: no changes.
- Yellow house suite:
- Rudy & Jan to scout for additional appliances and construction materials.
- Water system maintenance:
- Farm stay hostel:
- Health & safety: no concerns raised.
- New business:
- Discussed table by road for market remainders. Need sunscreen, lock box.
- Site cleanup for ING meeting Sep 5, and for Salt Spring Farm Tour Sep 29-30.
- Possible new umbrella from Oregon?
- New residents:
- Scout: White House West, Sept 1
- Jenn & boys: White House East/North, Sept 1, but slowly moving in over a couple weeks. Jan will help her move for ferry faire and per km cost of Bubba.
- Stone masons will have an idea how much longer they need the Yellow House rooms in the next week or so.
- A couple good prospects for remaining White House room or for later Yellow House rooms.
- Jan/Bubba to Oregon very early on 6th through noon or so on 8th, with Carol.
- Geo guests leaving today; she will be out Friday (31st)
- Farm meeting:
- Need to raise fertigation tank and pump in case it rains -- pump is currently below grade, and will flood. (Pump will be removed entirely for the winter, or a simple enclosure built for it.) Rudy has appropriate equal-height cement blocks for the job.
- Rudy noticed reservoir has lowered, and much aquatic plant life around edges.
- Work party Friday: pick blackberries!
- Saturday - Ben and Jan.
- Tuesday - Ben and Jan.
- Saturday 8th - Jan away, we'll skip this one.
- Plans for next week:
- Jan: dump run
- Jan: move small goat trailer and finish staking
- Jan: raise fertigation tank
- Jan: greenhouse tables
- Rudy: look for bunk beds and construction materials
- Ben/Rudy: cobble together farm stand
- All: clean up site for ING meeting
- Confirmed next meeting: Next residents' meeting: Wednesday, 5 September 2012, 09:00, Ben facilitating and Jan taking notes.
- Meeting adjourned, 09:42.
- Respectfully submitted, Jan Steinman 21:58, 29 August 2012 (CEST)
Share your opinion
blog comments powered by Disqus