other meetings this year
- Meeting starts 09:04
- Agenda approved with addition of walk-in cooler item.
- Minutes of previous meeting, 2012-07-25, approved; matters arising discussed.
- Old business:
- To do reviewed; marked off several completed items.
- Calendar reviewed.
- Ben will attend ING.
- Laura arriving Aug 13 - 28.
- Project updates:
- Upcoming classes and events:
- Song writing workshop postponed until the fall.
- Jelly making workshop Aug 26 still a go, but needs to be promoted. May not mesh with Carol's travel plans.
- Straw bale cooling shed workshop end of September. Need design sketch, how many bales and other bill of materials. Ben will inquire with Michael A about old bales.
- Necessary changes in involvement in EcoReality: Dave F no longer interested.
- Goat shed II
- Needs internal latches and feeders installed.
- Needs sides secured and guy lines planted.
- Commercial propagation greenhouse:
- Need door rollers built (welding a washer on rebar and pounding it in).
- Plumb prop room headers and finish two tables, then close the project!
- Would like to close out this capital project soon, but the last expenses for irrigation may drag out a bit.
- Emergency power: on hold until next fall; need to have in place by next winter.
- Yellow house suite - no change. Winter project
- Water system maintenance - Still need to haul out and repair old cistern and fill in the hole in the ground.
- Upcoming classes and events:
- Health & safety: no concerns raised.
- New business:
- Wednesday, 5 September ING meeting to be hosted by EcoReality.
- White house tenancy
- AGREED: to stop trying to rent the entire white house, but to pursue it as a rooming house and farm stay hostelry, under Ben's stewardship.
- ACTION: Research hostel culture; draw up plans for renting rooms and beds. (Ben Corno)
- ACTION: (postponed) Research farm stay hostelry zoning issues with Islands Trust. (Jan Steinman)
- ACTION: (postponed) Research farm stay hostelry promo and support organizations, post on SS Exchange. (Jan Steinman)
- ACTION: Clean up parking area in prep for 5 September ING meeting here. (Ben Corno)
- Two roomers interested in yellow house -- Jan to continue negotiations. Gary interview Tuesday.
- Walk-in freezer: Jan to scout and buy for $400 if it looks good.
- Jonathan arrived yesterday -- welcome!
- Farm meeting:
- Chicken hatching: start gathering eggs for Ben to incubate.
- Work party: scout firewood on Saturday.
- Saturday - not enough inventory, Ben will let Ron know we're not coming.
- Tuesday - Ben & Jon.
- Upcoming volunteers:
- Laura Oxley - August 13 - 29.
- Mother/daughter pair from Calgary: Jan will phone them.
- Plans for next week:
- Jan: siphon starter assy
- Jan: goat hooves
- Jan: welding camlock connectors on pump
- Jan: work on washer/dryer
- Ben: work on master plan for east garden
- All: pick something that has been hanging around and hammer it out!
- Jan: complete goat shed II.
- Jan: Geo's washing machine.
- Jan: Complete greenhouse tables and irrigation, close Project 126 expenditures and reconcile project.
- Confirmed next meeting: Next residents' meeting: Wednesday, 8 August 2012, 09:00, Ben facilitating and Jan taking notes.
- Meeting adjourned, 10:13.
- Respectfully submitted, Ben Corno
Share your opinion
blog comments powered by Disqus