Minutes:20120627

From MediaWiki

Jump to: navigation, search


For guidelines on the editing of minutes, please see the page on the responsibilities of the recorder.

  1. Meeting starts 09:02
  2. Check-in
  3. Agenda approved.
  4. Minutes of previous meetings: 2012-06-20.
  5. Old business:
    • Matters arising from old minutes: discussed while reviewing minutes.
    • To do list - reviewed.
      • Jan will follow-up with ING for July meeting.
      • Jan will order siphon-starer parts so Carol can pick them up in Duncan next week.
      • Produce shed is becoming more of a priority as warmer weather sets in.
    • Calendar reviewed.
    • Project updates:
      • Upcoming classes and events:
        • Cheese workshop to be re-scheduled.
        • Song Writing Workshop scheduled for Sunday, 29 July. Ben will get promo info in today.
      • Necessary changes in involvement in EcoReality:
        • Ron agreed to let us clean up and market his equipment and other stuff - Christian is working on it.
      • Goat shed II
        • Needs internal gate latches, key hole feeders and other minor bits, then can be rolled into place.
      • Commercial propagation greenhouse:
        • Installed main lines and room manifolds. Need 1" hose clamps to stop a few leaking joints. Need to connect east room plumbing and build west room plumbing. Need to install centre room manifolds.
          • Connection to reservoir irrigation will not be part of Project 126.
        • Still working on tables (2 yet to do, with simple mods needed on various others).
          • Investigate some alignment system for table toppers so they don't fall off the bottoms.
        • Need to re-tape NW corner small tear.
        • Still need to raise floor of centre room this fall after harvest of one of the outer rooms is complete. Discussed using topsoil from pond construction for this, reserving subsoil for filling in the cistern pit.
        • Would like to close out this capital project soon, but the last expenses for irrigation may drag out a bit.
      • Emergency power: on hold until next fall; need to have in place by next winter.
      • Yellow house suite - no change; Dave is interested and may fund remodelling.
      • Water system maintenance - Still need to haul out and repair old cistern and fill in the hole in the ground.
  6. Health & Safety - no concerns.
  7. New business:
    1. Reminder: please get time sheets in as soon after the end of the month as possible!
    2. Request/discussion about establishing a weekly rhythm, with weekly group projects.
      • AGREED: to Friday "community day," with work party at 13:00, farm tour at 17:00, public potluck at 18:00, and movie/presentation/program afterward.
      • AGREED: Ben Corno has agreed to be work party steward, and will co-ordinate weekly work party activities.
    • Articles need to be in to Island Tides by next Wednesday.
    • Turned down by CCEC for additional loan of $35k to pay out investors. Waiting for letter from them regarding this.
    • Upcoming volunteers:
      • Shane contacted and coming soon, nominally 5 July through "whenever" (need to clarify).
      • Laura Oxley - August 13 - 29.
  8. Arrivals/Departures:
    • James Duff arrived on Sunday, possibly through 15th of July.
  9. Farm meeting:
      • Potatoes need hilling, but not all are ready.
      • Irrigation of greenhouse needs finishing, parts still needed.
      • Ben, Meaghan, and Carol will do Saturday market this week.
      • Agreed to focus on Tuesday market, and to commit to doing it on an ongoing basis after this week.
      • Need to work out melon trellis system.
  10. Plans for next week:
    • Complete irrigation system in east and west rooms of greenhouse; install overheaders in the propagation room.
    • Trim goat hooves.
    • Geo's washing machine.
    • Complete and move goat shed II.
    • Vehicle maintenance.
    • Complete greenhouse tables and irrigation, close Project 126 expenditures and reconcile project.
    • Host ING pot-luck for July 4th? Not confirmed.
  11. Confirmed next meeting: Next residents' meeting: Wednesday, 4 July 2012, 09:00, Jan facilitating and Carol taking notes.
  • Meeting adjourned, 09:55
  • Respectfully submitted, Carol Wagner 09:52 27 June 2012 (PST)

Share your opinion


blog comments powered by Disqus
Personal tools
Get our newsletter!
Name:
Email Address:

disturbance
entry points
help (off site)
Environmental jobs, green volunteering, good work! Powered by the wind! This server and other
EcoReality operations
are 100% wind powered.
Powered by Mac OS X Powered by Mac MediaWiki Powered by MariaDB Powered by Valentina Studio Pro