Minutes:20120620

From EcoReality

Jump to: navigation, search
For guidelines on the editing of minutes, please see the page on the responsibilities of the recorder.

<--previous meetingminutes indexnext meeting-->
  1. Meeting starts 09:00
  2. Check-in
  3. Agenda approved.
  4. Minutes of previous meetings: 2012-05-30, 2012-06-06, 2012-06-13 approved.
    • Correction to Minutes:20120613: Developing irrigation for west garden beds - should be east garden beds.
  5. Old business:
    • Matters arising from old minutes: discussed while reviewing minutes.
    • To do list - reviewed.
      • Remove Ron's review of co-op rules and governance as abandoned task.
      • Mark incorporating manure as completed.
    • Calendar reviewed.
    • Grant applied for and we have been approved to hire a summer student. Hired Meaghan McLaughlin, arrived Monday!
    • Project updates:
      • Upcoming classes and events:
        • Cheese workshop scheduled for June 24, still some open spaces.
        • [x] Write-up for Song Writing Workshop completed by Wednesday, 27 June. (Ben Corno)
          (20120729 Song Writing Workshop)
          • Jan will send Ben the Pages file for our flyers.
        • Marilyn's Saturday (23rd) garage sale status uncertain -- Carol will confirm time with her.
      • Necessary changes in involvement in EcoReality:
        • Ron agreed to let us clean up and market his equipment and other stuff.
        • [x] Ron needs statement of his shares, transfers, and debt against shares. (Jan Steinman)
        • Saturday evening informal meeting with Brenda, Dave, Geo, and Sharon was productive.
        • Peter's house has sold, and he is now seriously pursuing immigration.
      • Goat shed II
        • Needs internal gate latches, key hole feeders and other minor bits, then can be rolled into place.
        • Possibly better tire/wheel recruited from Carol's dad. GOT! Will assess.
      • Commercial propagation greenhouse:
        • Purchased more irrigation supplies, nearly done.
          • Basic irrigation for all rooms designed as parallel fertigation/clear water systems; prop room irrigation needs elaboration for table watering.
          • Connection to reservoir irrigation will not be part of Project 126.
          • Need irrigation complete and working in west room in the next week.
        • Still working on tables (2 yet to do, with simple mods needed on various others).
          • Investigate some alignment system for table toppers so they don't fall off the bottoms.
        • West room rotovated; beds being prepared - 1/2 done.
        • Need to tape up small tears.
        • Still need to raise floor of centre room this fall after harvest of one of the outer rooms is complete. Discussed using topsoil from pond construction for this, reserving subsoil for filling in the cistern pit.
        • Would like to close out this capital project soon, but the last expenses for irrigation may drag out a bit.
      • Emergency power: on hold until next fall; need to have in place by next winter.
      • Yellow house suite - no change; Dave is interested and may fund remodelling.
      • Water system maintenance - Still need to haul out and repair old cistern and fill in the hole in the ground.
  6. Health & Safety - no concerns.
  7. New business:
    • Request for Co-op to purchase electric for $65, deferred to next meeting.
    • Pianos have been tuned.
    • Turned down by CCEC for additional loan of $35k to pay out investors.
    1. [x] Write up new project page for produce cooling shed. Possible workshop. (Jan Steinman)
    • Upcoming volunteers:
      • Shane contacted and coming soon, nominally 5 July through "whenever" (need to clarify).
      • Laura Oxley - August 13 - 29.
  8. Arrivals/Departures:
    • Meaghan arrived.
    • Meaghan's boyfriend James would like to come for a couple of weeks - waiting for app.
    • Ben away June 20 - 24.
  9. Farm meeting:
    • Cover for Ben while gone:
      • Transplant cukes, melons, peppers into west room.
      • Transplant lettuce and kale into west garden.
      • Open and close greenhouse each day; Meaghan will coordinate, Jan on backup.
      • Watering in greenhouse: Wednesday, Friday, Sunday; Meaghan will coordinate, Jan on backup.
      • Watering east and west gardens should be automatic.
      • Potatoes need weeding. Not all are ready for hilling.
  10. Plans for next week:
    • Trim goat hooves.
    • Complete and move goat shed II.
    • Complete greenhouse tables and irrigation, close Project 126 expenditures and reconcile project.
    • Host ING pot-luck for July 4th? Not confirmed.
  11. Confirmed next meeting: Next residents' meeting: Wednesday, 27 June 2012, 09:00, Jan facilitating and Carol taking notes.
  • Meeting adjourned, 09:55
  • Respectfully submitted, Carol Wagner 10:15 20 June 2012 (PST)

Share your opinion


blog comments powered by Disqus
Personal tools
Get our newsletter!
Name:
Email Address:

disturbance
entry points
help (off site)
This server and other EcoReality operations are 100% wind powered, with energy from Bullfrog Power. You can be, too!