Minutes:20120613

From MediaWiki

Jump to: navigation, search


For guidelines on the editing of minutes, please see the page on the responsibilities of the recorder.

  1. Meeting starts 09:03
  2. Check-in
  3. Agenda approved.
  4. Minutes of previous meeting, 2012-06-06 not posted yet, not yet approved.
  5. Old business:
    • Matters arising from old minutes: past minutes not reviewed.
    • To do list - reviewed.
    • Calendar reviewed.
    • Grant applied for and we have been approved to hire a summer student. Hired Meaghan McLaughlin, arriving next Monday!
    • Project updates:
      • Upcoming classes and events:
        • Cheese workshop on June 24.
        • Jan will prepare ¼ page flyers and ten page-size posters.
        • Rudy and Ben will distribute/post flyers/posters.
      • Necessary changes in involvement in EcoReality:
        • meeting of potential investors scheduled this Saturday evening.
      • Goat shed II
        • Needs internal gate latches, other minor bits, then can be rolled into place.
        • Possibly better tire/wheel recruited from Carol's dad. Need to evaluate.
      • Commercial propagation greenhouse:
        • Purchased more irrigation supplies, nearly done.
          • Basic irrigation for all rooms designed as parallel fertigation/clear water systems; prop room irrigation needs elaboration for table watering.
          • Connection to reservoir irrigation will not be part of Project 126.
          • Need irrigation complete and working in west room in the next week.
        • Still working on tables (2 yet to do, with simple mods needed on various others).
          • Investigate some alignment system for table toppers so they don't fall off the bottoms.
        • West room rotovated; beds being prepared.
        • Need to tape up small tears.
        • Moved all tables to centre room so west room could be rotovated.
        • Still need to raise floor of centre room this fall after harvest of one of the outer rooms is complete.
        • Would like to close out this capital project in the next week!
      • Emergency power:
        • Reviewed project needs and status.
        • No change - on hold until next fall; need to have in place by next winter.
      • Yellow house suite - no change; waiting for an interested investor to take part and fund.
      • Water system maintenance - Still need to haul out and repair old cistern and fill in the hole.
  6. Health & Safety - no concerns.
  7. New business:
    • Co-op owns two pianos and they can be tuned for $100 each on Thursday. Willing to take farm products in barter.
      • AGREED: to spend $200 to tune two co-op pianos, barter farm products as much as possible.
    • AGREED: to extend our mortgage by $35,000 to cover upcoming investor redemptions. Jan will come up with final wording as per CCEC's requirements.
    • Review 2012-05 harvest, 2012-05 sales, and 2012-05 labour
      • Ben noted that transplant starts do not show up anywhere. They don't appear on harvest records, but neither ones actually sold show up on sales records. Jan will investigate.
      • Market sales data. Fine tuning the process: inventory in, inventory out, sheet of products, one per row, each sale logged per row.
    1. New project: produce cooling shed. Possible workshop.
    • Upcoming volunteers:
      • Meaghan (paid intern) arriving Monday, through late September (640 paid hours from grant).
      • Erica: mid-June through mid-August, but not confirmed. Jan to provide Carol with information.
      • Shane contacted and coming soon, nominally 5 July through "whenever" (need to clarify).
      • Laura Oxley - August 13 - 29.
  8. Arrivals/Departures:
    • Carrie leaving next Sunday -- thank you! We will miss you, Carrie!
    • Dave Friend coming Saturday, June 16, overnight in yellow house south bedroom.
    • Sharon coming on Saturday, June 16, overnight in white house.
    • Brenda (friend of Sharon) coming on Saturday, June 16, possibly overnight in white house.
    • Meaghan arriving on Monday, June 18, in yellow house basement east room.
    • Ben away June 21 - 24.
  9. Farm meeting:
    • Manure was delivered from Gavin.
    • Tables moved out of west greenhouse room to centre room and rotovated to prepare for planting; bed building in process.
    • Market on Saturday, pick lettuce on Friday evening: Geo, Carol, and Jan will help Ben harvest.
    • Developing irrigation for east garden beds.
    • Move large gate in east field farther north and put in small gate at corner - gate is marked for digging.
    • [x] Pursue a chest freezer for cold/cool product storage. (Jan Steinman)
  10. Plans for next week:
    • Transplant cabbage.
    • Trim goat hooves.
    • Complete and move goat shed II.
    • Complete greenhouse tables and irrigation, close Project 126 expenditures and reconcile project.
    • [x] Design reservoir siphon starter and obtain parts in Duncan. (Jan Steinman)
    • Sunday is drop off day for broom.
    • Cheese workshop Jun 24th.
    • Host ING pot-luck for July 4th? Not confirmed.
    • [x] Fix washer/dryer in white house. (Jan Steinman)
  11. Confirmed next meeting: Next residents' meeting: Wednesday, 20 June 2012, 09:00, Jan facilitating and Carol taking notes.
  • Meeting adjourned, 10:14
  • Respectfully submitted, Carol Wagner 10:15 13 June 2012 (PST)

Share your opinion


blog comments powered by Disqus
Personal tools
Get our newsletter!
Name:
Email Address:

disturbance
entry points
help (off site)
Environmental jobs, green volunteering, good work! Powered by the wind! This server and other
EcoReality operations
are 100% wind powered.
Powered by Mac OS X Powered by Mac MediaWiki Powered by MariaDB Powered by Valentina Studio Pro