From MediaWiki

Jump to: navigation, search

For guidelines on the editing of minutes, please see the page on the responsibilities of the recorder.

  1. Meeting starts 09:03
  2. Check-in
  3. Agenda approved.
  4. Minutes of previous meeting, 2012-05-23 approved unanimously.
  5. Old business:
    • Matters arising from old minutes: discussed while reviewing minutes.
    • To do list - reviewed.
    • Calendar reviewed.
    • Grant applied for and we have been approved to hire a summer student. Advertising begun on various on-line venues. Ben suggested we pursue area universities and Good Works Canada.
    • Project updates:
      • Upcoming classes and events: Cheese workshop on June 24. Jan will prepare ¼ page flyers and ten page-size posters.
      • Necessary changes in involvement in EcoReality:
        • Ron removed his boat trailer.
        • Need to hookup washer/dryer.
        • Geo moves in Thursday or this weekend.
      • Goat shed II - needs internal door latches and outside door catches. Finish this week? Or when J&C return from Oregon.
      • Commercial propagation greenhouse:
        • Still working on tables (2 yet to do, with simple mods needed on various others).
        • East room rotovated and ready for planting.
        • Tape up small tears.
        • Move all tables to west room, add soil and level centre room to set up as propagation room.
        • Reconnoiter east room to plan irrigation layout.
        • Jan will fix NE roll-up: missing screws.
        • Get final expenses and timesheets in, in preparation for formally closing out the project.
      • Emergency power - no change - on hold until next fall.
      • Yellow house suite - no change
      • Water system maintenance - Still need to haul out and repair old cistern and fill in the hole.
  6. Health & Safety - no concerns.
  7. New business:
    1. Jan gave overview of Seed Saver workshop held at Providence Farm. Sugar Beets are a hot item. Press release on GMO's. Upcoming Seed Savers conference November 9-11 at Quantum College in Richmond, simultaneously in Montreal.
    2. Market sales data. Fine tuning the process: inventory in, inventory out, sheet of products, one per row, each sale logged per row.
    3. AGREED: we can host July ING meeting.
    4. New project: produce cooling shed. Possible workshop.
    • Review of WWOOFers:
      • In process:
        • Erica: mid-June through mid-August, but not confirmed. Jan to provide Carol with information.
        • Shane contacted and coming soon.
        • Bioestate Tea team of five: have not heard from them!
        • Laura Oxley - August 13th.
  8. Arrivals/Departures:
    • Carol (& Jan maybe) to Oregon 6 Jun - 12 Jun for her parent's 70 wedding anniversary.
    • Ben away June 21 - 24.
    • Ben's friend, Ira coming for a couple of days to help out.
  9. Plans for next week:
  10. Farm meeting:
    • Move large gate in east field farther north and put in small gate at corner: early next week - gate is marked for digging.
    • Procuring manure from Gavin.
    • Carol will order dripline parts after Ben figures out needs beyond inventory.
  11. Calendar
    • Ben, Jan, and Carrie will spend ½ day landscaping at Laporte site Sunday morning.
    • Trim goat hooves.
    • Sunday is drop off day for broom.
    • Cheese workshop Jun 24th.
    • Host ING pot-luck for July 4th.
  12. Confirm next meeting: Next residents' meeting: Wednesday, 06 June 2012, 09:00, Ben facilitating and Carrie taking notes.
  • Meeting adjourned, 10:27
  • Respectfully submitted, Carol Wagner 10:27 30 May 2012 (PST)

Share your opinion

blog comments powered by Disqus
Personal tools
Get our newsletter!
Email Address:

entry points
help (off site)
Environmental jobs, green volunteering, good work! Powered by the wind! This server and other
EcoReality operations
are 100% wind powered.
Powered by Mac OS X Powered by Mac MediaWiki Powered by MariaDB Powered by Valentina Studio Pro