other meetings this year
- Meeting starts 09:03
- Agenda approved.
- Minutes of previous meeting, 2012-05-23 approved unanimously.
- Old business:
- Matters arising from old minutes: discussed while reviewing minutes.
- To do list - reviewed.
- Calendar reviewed.
- Grant applied for and we have been approved to hire a summer student. Advertising begun on various on-line venues. Ben suggested we pursue area universities and Good Works Canada.
- Project updates:
- Upcoming classes and events: Cheese workshop on June 24. Jan will prepare ¼ page flyers and ten page-size posters.
- Necessary changes in involvement in EcoReality:
- Ron removed his boat trailer.
- Need to hookup washer/dryer.
- Geo moves in Thursday or this weekend.
- Goat shed II - needs internal door latches and outside door catches. Finish this week? Or when J&C return from Oregon.
- Commercial propagation greenhouse:
- Still working on tables (2 yet to do, with simple mods needed on various others).
- East room rotovated and ready for planting.
- Tape up small tears.
- Move all tables to west room, add soil and level centre room to set up as propagation room.
- Reconnoiter east room to plan irrigation layout.
- Jan will fix NE roll-up: missing screws.
- Get final expenses and timesheets in, in preparation for formally closing out the project.
- Emergency power - no change - on hold until next fall.
- Yellow house suite - no change
- Water system maintenance - Still need to haul out and repair old cistern and fill in the hole.
- Health & Safety - no concerns.
- New business:
- Jan gave overview of Seed Saver workshop held at Providence Farm. Sugar Beets are a hot item. Press release on GMO's. Upcoming Seed Savers conference November 9-11 at Quantum College in Richmond, simultaneously in Montreal.
- Market sales data. Fine tuning the process: inventory in, inventory out, sheet of products, one per row, each sale logged per row.
- AGREED: we can host July ING meeting.
- New project: produce cooling shed. Possible workshop.
- Review of WWOOFers:
- In process:
- Erica: mid-June through mid-August, but not confirmed. Jan to provide Carol with information.
- Shane contacted and coming soon.
- Bioestate Tea team of five: have not heard from them!
- Laura Oxley - August 13th.
- In process:
- Carol (& Jan maybe) to Oregon 6 Jun - 12 Jun for her parent's 70 wedding anniversary.
- Ben away June 21 - 24.
- Ben's friend, Ira coming for a couple of days to help out.
- Plans for next week:
- Farm meeting:
- Move large gate in east field farther north and put in small gate at corner: early next week - gate is marked for digging.
- Procuring manure from Gavin.
- Carol will order dripline parts after Ben figures out needs beyond inventory.
- Ben, Jan, and Carrie will spend ½ day landscaping at Laporte site Sunday morning.
- Trim goat hooves.
- Sunday is drop off day for broom.
- Cheese workshop Jun 24th.
- Host ING pot-luck for July 4th.
- Confirm next meeting: Next residents' meeting: Wednesday, 06 June 2012, 09:00, Ben facilitating and Carrie taking notes.
- Meeting adjourned, 10:27
- Respectfully submitted, Carol Wagner 10:27 30 May 2012 (PST)
Share your opinion
blog comments powered by Disqus