other meetings this year
- Meeting starts 09:00
- Agenda approved.
- Minutes of previous meeting, 2012-04-25 approved unanimously.
- Old business:
- Matters arising from old minutes: None
- To do list - reviewed.
- Calendar not reviewed - broken, Jan working on it.
- Project updates:
- Necessary changes in involvement in EcoReality - ongoing, Bioestate Tea accepted for White House.
- Goat shed II - needs door and floor repaired - on hold until greenhouse tables are all built.
- Commercial propagation greenhouse - Working on tables (8 built and stabilized) and side wall roll-ups.
- Emergency power - no change - on hold until next fall.
- Yellow house suite - no change
- Water system maintenance - stable, but leaking.
- Health & Safety - no new concerns.
- Reminder to be careful around machinery and moving heavy objects.
- New business:
- Review of 2012-04 harvest and 2012-04 sales.
- Review new wwoof applications.
- Review of WWOOFers:
- Carrie coming 12 or 13 May for one month.
- Nick Adamson-Jones coming sometime first week of May.
- Others in process:
- Erica: mid-June through mid-August
- Charna: mid-May for "several months"
- Bioestate Tea team of five: June for 1 year
- Ben & Matthew arrived May 1st.
- Anna (Ya-chu) leaving May 5th. )-;
- Ben gone June 21-24.
- Farm meeting:
- Plans for next week:
- Set up shared iCal for Ben.
- Move chickens to front Thursday morning.
- Do ph test of hay field for Gavin.
- Remove some compost for West garden beds.
- Ben wants to plant some beets and carrots for early market.
- Jan continuing to build greenhouse tables - committed to finish them.
- Stake out swales in east field - requires 2 people.
- Continue with making soil blocks, transplanting to larger blocks, starting new lettuce starts.
- Need to tighten up the plastic on the centre to the west on the greenhouse.
- Put garbage disposal in outdoor sink to make compost tea - DONE (need a part for exhaust to finish off).
- Cut some cedar branches to chip for greenhouse walls.
- Start some chipping.
- Confirm next meeting: Next residents' meeting: Wednesday, 9 May 2012, 09:00, Jan facilitating and Carol taking minutes.
- Meeting adjourned, 10:08
- Respectfully submitted, Carol Wagner 10:08, 2 May 2012 (PST)
Share your opinion
blog comments powered by Disqus