other meetings this year
- Meeting starts 08:35
- Agenda approved
- Minutes of previous meeting, 2011-12-14, approved. Minutes were read aloud.
- Matters arising from old minutes: Reviewed the RTA agreement that Ron has refused to sign that all other site residents have signed.
- Old business:
- Review to do list:
- Most of the items are Ron's items, no progress reported.
- One item for Rudy to build a pallet compost system in the East Field. All offered support to help Rudy do this. Rudy is seeking out some good pallets.
- Review calendar:
- Project updates:
- Emergency power: Reviewed budget and reasons for the need for this.
- Commercial propagation greenhouse: reviewed plans and next tasks.
- Yellow house suite: no discussion.
- Water system - Need to replace cistern.
- Firewood - talked about where to find more on the periphery, because fields are to wet to drive on. Rudy suggested getting a dump truck load of mill slabs from down the road.
- Permaculture design course 2012: Agreed to not plan it for this spring, maybe in the Fall.
- Review to do list:
- New business:
- Jan will send a link to Ron for Necessary changes in involvement in EcoReality.
- ACTION: Jan will add necessary changes in involvement in EcoReality to the standing agenda items. (Jan Steinman)
- Jan will give Ron a paper copy reminding him that he agreed to do a "memorandum of understanding" regarding rent for the white house, as agreed last week.
- Budget 2012 (as documented in the October 2010 business plan) reviewed - need to make significant changes.
- Carol will review and revise Egg Production and ValueAdded products,
- Jan will review and revise Education, Agri-tourism, Dairy, Fruiticulture and Energy.
- We are still waiting on Ron (since 2011-11-16) to come up with a "memorandum of understanding" on the Market Garden and Transplant Propagation profit centres.
- Farm meeting:
- Ongoing weeding needed in house garden. Could do some more chipping and spreading in paths after they are sheet mulched.
- Plans for the week:
- Greenhouse gable end construction.
- Firewood Fridays
- Shirley Pucci left yesterday after 2 weeks. Thank you Shirley for all the hard work!
- John Freebury arrived for a yet to be determined time. Welcome aboard John!
- Next residents' meeting: Wednesday, 04 January 2012, 08:30. NOTE: No meeting on 28 December 2011 for Holidays.
- Meeting adjourned, 09:40
- Respectfully submitted, Carol Wagner 11:06, 21 December 2011 (PST)
Share your opinion
blog comments powered by Disqus