Minutes:20111214

From EcoReality

Jump to: navigation, search
For guidelines on the editing of minutes, please see the page on the responsibilities of the recorder.

<--previous meetingminutes indexnext meeting-->
  1. Meeting starts 08:37
  2. Agenda:
    • Ron is uncomfortable with Jan doing both the facilitation and recording, and insisted that he do the recording.
    • Jan said that discussion was inappropriate at this moment, and offered to add it to the agenda.
    • Jan read the agenda, and no other new agenda items were raised.
    • Ron is uncomfortable with the process of making an agenda, and said that everyone should have paper copies of anything presented at the meeting.
    • Jan noted that there was no new business on the agenda, that the agenda is available to all on-line, and that Rudy (who, unlike Ron, lacks Internet access) had been provided with a paper copy of the "boilerplate" items that were not new business.
    • Shirley asked if she could comment, noting that it was good to reduce paper use by doing as much as possible on-line.
    • Jan thanked her, and noted that our co-op Rule 155 specifically says that records be maintained on-line in a way that was accessible, and that Ron could make an alternative proposal to change that rule for consideration by Members if he wished. This would require a Special Resolution, and two weeks notice with the final wording, as well as an $85 filing fee with the BC Corporate Registry.
    • Agenda approved by members present.
  3. Request that Ron be recorder for this meeting:
    • There followed about 20 minutes of delay and debate with Ron getting his copy machine and making copies of the prior meeting's minutes (as posted on the website) and the agenda (as posted on the website).
    • Carol felt uncomfortable with the lengthy process of approving the agenda and selecting a recorder, and left the meeting at 9:10.
    • Rudy expressed support for Ron's newly expressed interest in meetings.
    • AGREED: Ron will be the recorder for this meeting.
    • AGREED: Ron agreed to email minutes to Jan for posting on the website no later than 12:00 on the following day (Thursday).
    • (Post meeting note: Ron's notes from the meeting were not received even one week after he had agreed to send them, and these minutes reflect the notes taken by Jan, instead.)
  4. Minutes of previous meeting, 20111207:
    • Jan read the minutes out loud.
    • Ron objected to the minutes, saying (among other objections) that they referred to people not present at that meeting.
    • Jan noted that Ron had not attended that meeting, and that "approving" the minutes only meant that those who were present agree that they are a clear and accurate representation of the proceedings of that meeting, and therefore, Ron had no standing to object to approval of the minutes.
    • Jan noted that, should anyone wish to discuss the contents of the minutes (rather than their veracity), the opportunity exists under the agenda item: "matters arising from minutes."
    • There followed about 15 minutes of debate, with Ron insisting we could not "approve" the minutes because he did not approve of them.
    • Ron objected to the minutes being available to the public on the website.
    • Jan noted our policy of radical transparency has been in place since the beginning of EcoReality, and that if Ron wanted to change that, he should prepare an alternative for consideration by Members.
    • Members Jan and Rudy approved the minutes of the previous meeting.
  5. Old business:
    • Matters arising from minutes:
      • There followed about 40 minutes of debate, with Ron objecting to the agreements made in that meeting, and Jan asking Ron to provide written alternative proposals for the Members to consider.
      • Ron confirmed that he would not sign a "lease" for use of the white house, requesting instead that there be some sort of "memorandum of understanding" written.
      • Jan asked Ron to come up with a first draft of such a memorandum.
      • Ron said it was not his place to do so, as he didn't have the data needed, such as costs and expenses that the leases were designed to cover.
      • Jan suggested that Ron take the standard BC Residential Tenancy Agreement that he said he would not sign, and make modifications to it to the point that he found it acceptable, and that we use that as a starting point for negotiation.
    • Review to do list: not covered
    • Review calendar: not covered
    • Project updates: not covered
  6. New business:
    1. Jan noted that no budgets have been submitted, and that Ron agreed in the meeting of November 16 to come up with a draft "memorandum of understanding" that he insists is in place before he will submit a budget for the market garden and greenhouse profit centres that he is supposed to be managing.
  7. Review arrivals/departures: not covered
  8. Farm meeting: not covered
  9. Plans for the week: not covered
  10. Next residents' meeting: Wednesday, 21 December 2011, 08:30.
  • Meeting adjourned, 10:20
  • Respectfully submitted, Jan Steinman 12:01, 15 December 2011 (PST)

Share your opinion


blog comments powered by Disqus
Personal tools
Get our newsletter!
Name:
Email Address:

disturbance
entry points
help (off site)
This server and other EcoReality operations are 100% wind powered, with energy from Bullfrog Power. You can be, too!