Minutes:20111012

From MediaWiki

Jump to: navigation, search


For guidelines on the editing of minutes, please see the page on the responsibilities of the recorder.

Wednesday, 12 October 2011, Residents' Meeting

  1. Present:
  2. Agenda approved with additions
  3. Minutes of previous meeting, 20110921, approved.
  4. Old business:
    • Matters arriving from minutes -- nothing this week.
    • Review to do list:
      • Carol and Jan will make a concerted effort to close off the yellow house skylights project. Jan needs to get final list of expenses from Carol and go over his timesheets and submit a request for Class A shares (for expenses) and Class B shares (for capital labour).
      • Request that Rudy empty the "ikea shed" in the next few days, so we can move the greenhouse parts into there from the garage, in preparation for construction.
      • Jan will formally give Ron a printed copy of our well-established application procedure, which has been available on-line for several years.
    • Review calendar:
      • Holly Sansom arriving on Friday, scheduled to stay through Monday, 7 November.
      • Carol to Sidney for physical therapy tomorrow on the 11:50 ferry.
      • Buck service (Agelay's Lincoln) beginning in November, will take does to the Hughes farm as they come into heat.
    • Project updates:
      1. Yellow house skylights: Jan & Carol will close this off this week.
      2. Emergency power: need to get rolling on this soon, before winter storms start. Jan will investigate price changes since project approval, and procure materials if the budget still holds.
      3. Commercial propagation greenhouse: need to get this together very soon.
        • ACTION: request to Ron that Manu and Phillipe be available four days per week to work on this, nominally Wednesday through Saturday.
      4. Water system update: new tank acquired. Jan removed from trailer. Old tank needs to be emptied, moved to beside pit, and temporarily plumbed for site prep for new tank. This will require several hours of time without water which we need to schedule for everyone's convenience, and two bodies (plus Jan) for a day for labour to remove and re-plumb the old tank, followed by perhaps 4-6 person-days of labour to site-prep, install, and plumb the new tank.
      5. Firewood: have about a quarter of what we need; need about eight or ten person-days to bring in and buck 4-5 more cords. It's getting late for this!
        • ACTION: request regular work parties on Friday until the wood we need is in.
      6. Permaculture design course 2012: need to nail the date and have a planning meeting and assign roles; no change.
  5. New business:
    1. Reviewed 2011-09 harvest and 2011-09 sales and year-to-date 2011 sales.
      • Noted some discrepancies:
        • some $300 worth of cherry tomatoes are unaccounted for
        • some of the harvest figures seem very low, such as big tomatoes and basil.
      • Reaffirmed that all harvests from EcoReality property are to be weighed and logged.
      • Reaffirmed last meeting's agreement with Ron that he will provide copies of invoices for produce he has been taking to local grocers.
      • AGREED: Ron and Carol will sit down and review grocers' invoices and harvest discrepancies.
    2. Reaffirmed that there will be no reimbursement for expenses without request beforehand and originals of all receipts, as agreed in our compensated expenses policy.
    3. Noted that there have been no timesheets submitted from volunteers staying in the White House since June.
      • Reaffirmed that there will be no reimbursement for volunteer expenses (lodging and food) without timesheets showing a minimum of 36 hours per week on EcoReality work, submitted by the 15th of each month for the preceding month's work, in accordance with our written volunteer co-op support agreement.
    4. Reviewed the hay sales from Mayne Island, and discovered it was a net loss. Ron says some of it was use on-site for mulching, but we grow hay here, and did not need to purchase it and pay Ron $0.75 a bale delivery fee for mulch hay.
      • AGREED: Ron is not to bring any more materials to EcoReality without submitting a budget with the total, non-negotiable cost beforehand.
    5. Noted that Ron owes EcoReality for two years of insurance on the White House ($1,529 and $1,302) and one year of property tax (to be determined, estimated to be around $1,000).
      • AGREED: Carol will document these unpaid expenses and invoice Ron for them.
    6. Noted that we have not received any meter readings for the pump and workshop. They are supposed to be read every other month, roughly co-incident with the hydro bill.
      • AGREED: Jan will re-train Manu to read the meters and to submit meter readings to Carol, so Ron can be compensated for half the electricity used by the pump and workshop.
  6. Review arrivals/departures, guests and apprenticies:
    • Holly Sansom arriving on Friday, scheduled to stay through Monday, 7 November.
  7. Farm meeting:
    • Appointment with Michael Nickels on perennials cancelled, Jan will re-schedule.
  8. Plans for the week:
    • Greenhouse
    • Firewood Fridays
    • Paperwork (skylights, property taxes, cost of residents and volunteers, etc.)
    • Next residents' meeting: Wednesday, 19 October 2011, 08:30.
  • Meeting adjourned, 09:52
  • Respectfully submitted, Jan Steinman 11:26, 12 October 2011 (PDT)

Share your opinion


blog comments powered by Disqus
Personal tools
Get our newsletter!
Name:
Email Address:

disturbance
entry points
help (off site)
Environmental jobs, green volunteering, good work! Powered by the wind! This server and other
EcoReality operations
are 100% wind powered.
Powered by Mac OS X Powered by Mac MediaWiki Powered by MariaDB Powered by Valentina Studio Pro