other meetings this year
Wednesday, 21 September 2011, Residents' Meeting
- Facilitator: Jan Steinman
- Recorder: Jan Steinman
- Meeting starts 09:21
- agenda approved
- Minutes of previous two meetings, 20110817 and 20110831, approved.
- Old business:
- to do list not reviewed
- calendar not reviewed
- Project updates:
- yellow house skylights: closing off this is low priority; no change.
- emergency power: need to get rolling on this soon, before winter storms start; no change.
- commercial propagation greenhouse: water level built; need some moisture before pushing posts in the rest of the way; need a work party of at least three people.
- water system update: new tank acquired, needs to be taken off trailer. Old tank needs to be emptied, moved to beside pit, and temporarily plumbed for site prep for new tank.
- firewood: have about a quarter of what we need; need about eight or ten person-days to bring in and buck 4-5 more cords.
- Permaculture design course 2012: need to nail the date and have a planning meeting and assign roles; no change.
- New business:
- Review 2011-08 sales and year-to-date 2011 sales. Dairy strong; market garden gaining momentum, although high expenses expected.
- Questions to Ron about Natureworks sales of EcoReality produce. He will provide copies of invoices, but reports that not much produce has been going from EcoReality to Natureworks. Carol wondered if it was fair that we split proceeds of items we both bring to market, but then he gets all the income from wholesale of what is left after the market.<keywords content="ecoreality, ron pither, questionable business practices"/>
- Ron requested an additional $0.75 per bale for his expenses, for hay we agreed on 20110531 that he would procure for $1.50 a bale. Jan objected to the additional charge four months after we thought we had established a cost, and requested that in the future, Ron comply with the agreed compensated expenses policy. Ron thought that was unreasonable, and the meeting broke up.<keywords content="ecoreality, ron pither, obstructionist, questionable business practices"/>
- Meeting adjourned, 10:15
- Next residents' meeting: Wednesday, 12 October 2011, 08:30.
- Respectfully submitted, Jan Steinman 10:52, 21 September 2011 (PDT)
Share your opinion
blog comments powered by Disqus