Minutes:20110615

From MediaWiki

Jump to: navigation, search


For guidelines on the editing of minutes, please see the page on the responsibilities of the recorder.

Wednesday, 15 June 2011, Residents' Meeting

  • Present:
  • Meeting starts 08:40
  • Adenda approved.
  • Minutes:20110607 approved.
  • Reviewed task list.
    • ACTION: [x] Jan will contact Uli (building inspector) about greenhouse. (Jan Steinman)
  • Reviewed calendar.
    • Move next week's meeting to Tuesday, 21 June, as Jan & Carol will be in Victoria on Wednesday.
  • Old Business:
    • Matters arising from old minutes
      • Strip sod of bern in prep for moving dirt to new greenhouse floor - ongoing.
      • Ongoing - prep east field and plant more starts - ongoing.
      • Water system committee ( Ron, Jan, Greg & Manu) to look at irrigating from the reservoir.
    • Project updates:
      • yellow house skylights (Jan) No change.
      • emergency power (Jan) - No change, probably no action before fall.
      • commercial propagation greenhouse (Ron) - Ongoing
        • Cardboard & dirt are being moved in to raise floor above water.
      • yellow house suite (Jan) - No change.
      • Water issues: new house pump temporarily patched in while waiting for parts for old house pump. When old pump is repaired, new pump will be devoted to the irrigation system. Ron reported that new cisterns are running $1,500 to $1,900. We will defer such an expense until farm income ramps up, as we have huge irrigation expenses at present.
  • New business:
    • Ron's membership: needs to complete the application materials and purchase a member share.
      • ACTION: [x] Jan will get member application materials together for Ron. (Jan Steinman)
    • AGREED to purchase of a special (metal cutting) saw to cut up greenhouse panels for $90, to be put on the greenhouse budget.
    • AGREED to issue $120.00 class A shares to Jan for new irrigation pump (installed).
    • AGREED classroom can be used for residents for yoga. Rudy is classroom steward, and will keep it locked when not in use, and will ensure it is kept clean and un-cluttered.
    • Received a letter from the lawyer of the Farmland Trust - we have informed everyone to stay off the neighbouring farmland, per their request. We will access our easement on the reservoir via the existing farm road by traversing the far south edge of the adjoining field, avoiding trampling the hayfield.
    • Our reply letter to the above will be addressed to all the members of the board of the Farmland Trust and be from all members, investors and supporters.
  • Farm Meeting -- no new issues
  • Arrival/Departures:
    • Greg Weibe leaving on the 24th of June.
    • Manu having two visitors from France, September 1-5.
    • Greg McKinnon going to Mayne for a while sometime. Will give as much notice as possible.
  • Plans for the week.
    • Ongoing farm prep and cleanup.
    • Work on floor of new greenhouse.
    • Continued transplants and starts.
    • Gather forage - ongoing.
    • Chip forage remains.
    • Scheduled an appreciation tour for Wednesdays at 4pm.
  • Check-out & discussion.
  • Meeting adjourned, 10:18
    • Regular residents' meeting: Tuesday, 21 June 2011, 08:30.
  • Respectfully submitted, Carol Wagner 13:04, 15 June 2011 (PST)

Share your opinion


blog comments powered by Disqus
Personal tools
Get our newsletter!
Name:
Email Address:

disturbance
entry points
help (off site)
Environmental jobs, green volunteering, good work! Powered by the wind! This server and other
EcoReality operations
are 100% wind powered.
Powered by Mac OS X Powered by Mac MediaWiki Powered by MariaDB Powered by Valentina Studio Pro