Minutes:20110223

From EcoReality

Jump to: navigation, search
For guidelines on the editing of minutes, please see the page on the responsibilities of the recorder.

<--previous meetingminutes indexnext meeting-->

Wednesday, 23 February 2011, Residents' Meeting

  1. Agenda approved.
  2. Minutes:20110216 approved.
  3. Old Business:
    • Review task list.
      • Remove two of Ron's tasks that are no longer going anywhere.
    • Review calendar.
    • Project updates:
      1. cheese workshop (Jan)
        • In preparation. Have enough milk. Need to do written materials.
      2. yellow house skylights (Jan)
        • Haven't done final reconciliation yet.
      3. Screening of The Economics of Happiness, 27 March (Jan)
        • Distributor agreed to 60/40 split with $100 minimum. Need to return contract and do publicity.
      4. emergency power (Jan)
        • No change.
      5. commercial propagation greenhouse (Ron)
        • No change. Ron reports that manufacturing has started, and we can pick it up in 2-3 weeks.
      6. yellow house suite (Jan)
        • No change. Jan wants potential tenant to have input.
      7. Permaculture design course 2011 (Jan)
        • Scheduling conflict with Brandon Bauer's class, and potential market saturation in area, with four courses inside of 50km.
          AGREED to cancel course, and to have several one-day workshops on Permaculture topics instead, preferably preceding the other courses in the area.
      8. tax assessment update (Ron)
        • We have an tax status review scheduled for 3 March at 13:00. Jan will prepare documentation.
  4. New Business:
    • Agreed to accept volunteer Greg Mackinnon's application, pending phone interview with Carol.
    • Agreed to host volunteer Makenzie Curtis-Johnson for 15-29 May. Jan will follow-up.
    • Reviewed correspondence from Heather Durkel and Corinna Wagner.
    • Discussed the outhouse situation. Porta-potty has been "given" to us (abandoned) by Qi Gong. It will cost $50 to pump it out. It has excrement and chemicals in it, so its contents are not suitable for humanure. It could be given away for the cost of pumping, or it could be converted to humanure for the cost of pumping.
      AGREED it isn't worth $50 for us to pump for the humanure conversion, and we'd be better off constructing nice cedar slab outhouses.
      ACTION: [x] Offer the porta-potty free for the pumping. (Carol Wagner)
  5. Arrival/Departures:
    • Sharon Proske & Geo arriving on Sunday after the cheese workshop; staying overnight.
  6. Plans for the week.
  7. Check-out
  8. Meeting adjourned, 9:35
  9. Next meeting:
    • Regular residents' meeting: Wednesday, 23 February 2011, 08:30.
  • Respectfully submitted, Jan Steinman 17:36, 23 February 2011 (PST)

Share your opinion


blog comments powered by Disqus
Personal tools
Get our newsletter!
Name:
Email Address:

disturbance
entry points
help (off site)
This server and other EcoReality operations are 100% wind powered, with energy from Bullfrog Power. You can be, too!