Minutes:20100126

From MediaWiki

Jump to: navigation, search


For guidelines on the editing of minutes, please see the page on the responsibilities of the recorder.

Tuesday, 26 January 2010, Residents' Meeting

Present: Jan Steinman, Carol Wagner, Shannon Cowan, Susie Anne Bartsch, Rudy Siegers.

  • Facilitator: Jan
  • Recorder: Susie Anne
  • Meeting starts 1:32pm
  • Check in
  • Agenda Approved

Agenda: Old business

  • approved agenda
  • Reminder for someone to attend the ING potluck/meeting next Wednseday. Rudy will go with someone else if possible. Shannon may go if possible. Will firm up next Monday.
  • Approved December 28 member's meeting minutes, 13 January residents' meeting minutes, and 19 January residents' meeting minutes.
  • Stewards' council
    • Communications: Next newsletter will be on Garden Planning. Jan will not send out the last one until it is more fleshed out or money thermometer has gone up.
    • Shannon reported on update on Tree Bressen July workshop and on the recent Facilitation workshop at Quayside Commons.
    • Finance: member time sheet report. (1)
  • Review last month's ACTION items. (10) We looked at a few of the items on the list.
  • Response from Qi Gong to Shannon's letter (10) —Shannon Cowan
    • Felicity send a long letter to Shannon regarding her ability or non-ability to commit to rental of the classroom space. See Shannon for full letter. JIng Gui has agreed to pay for the porta-potti until the end of March, 2010. They will not be able to continue renting here without appropriate bathroom facilities after that point.
  • Introduced and discussed emergency power project, to authorize up to 550 Class A shares to someone for materials and 300 Class B shares for implementation.
    • Jan and Carol would strongly prefer that someone other than themselves put forth the $550 (minus $60 already spent) toward Class A shares for this project. Jan is willing to do the work. Jan and Carol would be donating use of their generator for this project. Jan and Carol have already put about $60 in materials toward this project.
  • Prospective member status for Deborah and Jan. They are planning to visit at end of March or early April. They will be put our email list and receive our regular communications where appropriate. They will need to submit a formal application regarding Prospective member status.
  • Fundraising:
    • Jan is working to set up a meeting with Farm Folk City Folk regarding funding possibilities.
    • Shannon would like feedback on her Individual Funders sheet by next week. She has emailed it to all members. Please respond.
  • We have been denied Home Owner Grant Property Tax Reduction because we are not a housing cooperative.
  • Jan has suggested teleconferences again to include the offsite members and other interested folk.
    • Shannon says once or twice a month during regular scheduled meeting time.
    • Jan suggests perhaps during one Compost meeting time might work.
    • Jan will look at our schedule and get back to the group about when this teleconference might be best placed.
  • Briefly review schedules — travel, videoconference dates, changes to potlucks etc.
    • Susie Anne may be away this weekend.
    • James may possibly be home Saturday.
    • Tom and Lutquit may be coming to Saturday work party.
    • Compost meeting will be on Friday night as per usual.
    • Jan and Carol to Vancouver on Feb 10 for the day.
  • Next Resident’s meeting Monday Feb 1 at 9:30am. Jan facilitating and SA recording.
  • Circle Check-out/Feedback/Appreciation
  • 2:51pm Closing.

These minutes were submitted by Susie Anne Bartsch January 31, 2010, 9:43pm

Share your opinion


blog comments powered by Disqus
Personal tools
Get our newsletter!
Name:
Email Address:

disturbance
entry points
help (off site)
Environmental jobs, green volunteering, good work! Powered by the wind! This server and other
EcoReality operations
are 100% wind powered.
Powered by Mac OS X Powered by Mac MediaWiki Powered by MariaDB Powered by Valentina Studio Pro