Minutes:20100113

From MediaWiki

Jump to: navigation, search


For guidelines on the editing of minutes, please see the page on the responsibilities of the recorder.

Wednesday, 13 January 2010, resident's Meeting

Present: Jan Steinman, Carol Wagner, Shannon Cowan, Morris Lamrock, Rudy Siegers

  • Facilitator: Jan
  • Recorder: Carol
  • Meeting starts 9:40am
  • Check in
  • Agenda Approved
  • Discuss Qi Gong use of classroom - Qi Gong notified us about cutting back on use of space.
    • ACTION: [x] Shannon Cowan Shannon will contact Felicity regarding use of space and continuing to pay for the porta potty through March 2010.
  • Beehive discussion tabled.
  • Tree Bressen workshop discussion
    • To happen either 22 or 29 July weekend, probably the 22nd.
    • Comparison on costs:
      • Option 1 - Have a wwoofer do some of the cooking (Shaun).
      • Option 2 - Ask OUR to host one day and/or provide a cook and some of the food.
      • Option 3 - Move the event to OUR.
    • Discussion of having a Saturday evening session open to the general public as an informational session, world cafe, fundraiser.
  • 2010 olympic asset sale:
    • ACTION: [x] Shannon Cowan Shannon will check with James about how much space will be needed to store these items.
      • Jan suggests first option would be Moby.
      • Members would like to see the list before items arrive.
      • Barn area could be used minimally.
      • Absolutely nothing in the garage.
    • Request was Approved.
  • Fund-raising activities:
    • Jan suggests that we start contacting the 160 people on the advisory list. Split the list to manage the contacts.
      • Ask to contribute to fund-raising and/or loans.
      • Do they know anyone that can contribute or loan money.
      • Shannon will be providing a rap (script) sheet of possible questions.
      • ACTION: [x] Jan Steinman Jan will circulate a copy of the Advisory Council list for members to select from. (Jan Steinman)
  • Arrivals/Departures
    • Mike Nickerson arriving at 2pm today.
    • Lori Justus arriving Saturday for 2 nights.
    • J & C friends, Nina & Laurent arriving Monday for one night.
    • Shaun here through the 23rd.
    • Brenden leaving on Thursday. :'-(
    • Susie Anne & Shannon away 21st - 26th
    • James home 15 - 17th, then away until March
  • Circle Check-out/Feedback/Appreciation

Meeting adjourned at 11:06am.

These minutes submitted by Carol Wagner 16:14, 14 January 2010 (UTC)

Farm Meeting

  • Discussion of possibly having 2 interns for the summer.
  • Discussion of planting of garlic field with potatoes and squash.
  • Discussion of potential uses for the structure we dismantled at Christopher's (Farm stand, humanure toilet, goat house)

Share your opinion


blog comments powered by Disqus
Personal tools
Get our newsletter!
Name:
Email Address:

disturbance
entry points
help (off site)
Environmental jobs, green volunteering, good work! Powered by the wind! This server and other
EcoReality operations
are 100% wind powered.
Powered by Mac OS X Powered by Mac MediaWiki Powered by MariaDB Powered by Valentina Studio Pro