Minutes:20091214

From EcoReality

Jump to: navigation, search
For guidelines on the editing of minutes, please see the page on the responsibilities of the recorder.

<--previous meetingminutes indexnext meeting-->

Monday, 14 December 2009, resident's Meeting

Present: Jan Steinman, Carol Wagner, James Cowan, Shannon Cowan, Dennis Lucarelli, Susie Anne Bartsch, Rudy Siegers,

  • Facilitator: Dennis
  • Recorder: James
  • Meeting starts 9:32am
  • Check in
    • Agenda Approved
  1. Approved- last week's minutes.
  2. Discuss draft 2010 budget. (10)
    • AGREED Suggested contributions for guests will be increased to $5 breakast, $5 lunch, $5 dinner, $15 daily. Suggested contribution for indoor accommodation is increased to $15 per night. Camping will remain at $5 per night. WOOFer reimbursement to households for hosting will remain at 50% the daily rate, except for camping, where the hosting household gets the entire amount.
      • ACTION: [x] Jan will update the website to reflect the new suggested contributions. (Jan Steinman)
    • Shannon Q- Why is there no business for 2010? A- In other areas. Carol is adjusting the budget.
    • Shannon Q- Recruitment package number too low? A- let’s do it mostly digitally and not send dead trees around.
    • Agreed to come back to budget topic later in the meeting given that it is so big.
  3. Discuss Tree Bressen Facilitation Training Weekend July 2010 project page
    • Jan- Concern that this budget is high with no opportunity for income. Brainstorm needed to generate income.
    • SA- Interested in making it work and working together with Shannon.
    • Note that whole group is supportive of the project going forward, even though there are concerns of how to pay for it.
    • Item not on agenda for decision next week. Needs more time for discussion about fundraising and with Tree about fundraising options.
  4. Shannon will determine if she wants to do her UBC class event at EcoReality and how it will be paid for.
    • Item removed. This event will not happen at this time. Shannon will add to future agenda if applicable.
  5. New Years eve event update.(3)
    • Shannon- Possibly not enough time for talent show. 90 minutes is the suggested time.
    • Discussion about advisory group invitation for NYE. Yes, we will and RSVP’s will go to SA.
  6. Discuss extending some or all of the residents' meetings to 1.5 hours from January to April.(5)—
    • Jan- Like to see smaller working groups on items rather than every item coming to the whole group.
    • SA- 1 hour is too short. 90 minutes would be a more comfortable time frame.
    • AGREED Jan- Mar res meetings will be 90 minutes. At facilitator’s discretion. Will re-evaluate at end of march when facilitator changes.
  7. Confirm who is hosting Dec. Show and Tell. (2)
    • Yellow house will host if anyone shows up for show and tell on Dec 27.
  8. Discuss Show and Tell stewardship? Or guest stewardship?(3)
  9. Craft a procedure for following up guest visits.
    • Will be part of guest steward page.
  10. Discuss possibility of moving work parties to Saturday afternoon until end of April, tour at 1pm, work party 2-5pm, chat, dinner, movie...Then change it back for May(5)—
    • AGREED- Workparties now on Saturday 1:00pm-4:30pm (including possible tour) until end of March.
    • Other work party times are still available.
  11. Discuss 2010 winter retreat
    • JC- Do we choose a facilitator for the retreat? General feeling is no if we have to pay. Shannon may have option that can be plugged in at last minute for barter.
    • James will work with SA and Jan on the schedule.
  12. Discuss James' hours shortages and overages
    • Much discussion about hours and James’ request for past hours shortages . James proposed to allot overage hours to shortfall hours and reaction from the group was not supportive. Jan suggested looking at short months again to be accurate and include all hours worked to ensure that all hours will be submitted.
    • AGREED All members will submit updated hours records by December 31, 2009.

Meeting adjourned at 10:59am.

These minutes submitted by James Cowan 20:27, 16 December 2009 (UTC)

Share your opinion


blog comments powered by Disqus
Personal tools
Get our newsletter!
Name:
Email Address:

disturbance
entry points
help (off site)
This server and other EcoReality operations are 100% wind powered, with energy from Bullfrog Power. You can be, too!