Minutes:20091207

From EcoReality

Jump to: navigation, search
For guidelines on the editing of minutes, please see the page on the responsibilities of the recorder.

<--previous meetingminutes indexnext meeting-->

Monday, 7 December 2009, weekly resident's Meeting

Present: Jan Steinman, Carol Wagner, Shannon Cowan, Dennis Lucarelli, Susie Anne Bartsch, Rudy Siegers.

  • Facilitator: Dennis
  • Recorder: Jan
  • Meeting brought to order 10:06
  • Check in
  • Agenda approved, with changes in order requested by Dennis.
    • ACTION: [x] Move incomplete items forward to next meeting (Jan Steinman)
  • Last residents' meeting minutes approved.
  • Item #4: Discuss: 2010 monthly topics. (10)
    • Topics agreed as listed.
  • Item #5: Request for agreement on our agreement making process.
    • AGREED: with one small change: in paragraph #3, change the third word, "agreement," to "request."
  • Item 11: Discuss invitations to winter retreat. Jan has already invited one interested person.
    • AGREED: We can invite others to the 2009 winter retreat. Keep Jan informed of who's been invited and who is likely to attend.
  • Item #6: Discuss development and fundraising ideas from Ronaye Matthew.
    • She is a conventional co-housing consultant.
    • She knows nothing about ecovillages.
    • O.U.R. and Y.E.S. have both talked to her, and neither are using her.
    • She wants $5,000 to do a feasibility study, which Shannon says is probably similar to what Jan has already done.
    • ACTION: [x] Shannon will schedule a meeting with Jan to talk about development and fund raising strategy. (Shannon Cowan)
  • Item #10: Discuss possibility of EcoReality hosting Shannon's UBC students for learning event.
    • No income for EcoReality.
    • Work would be required of residents, no budget for compensating them.
    • No particular outreach value identified for EcoReality.
    • Could be 12-24 students interested.
    • Carol: we have no where to put that many people. Unwilling to host overnights for event as presented.
    • Susie Anne: Could it be just a day-trip, and could those who work on it get paid our standard rate of $15/hour?
    • Jan: lacking any economic value to EcoReality nor its residents, is there any outreach or PR value?
    • Shannon: will consider these requests.
    • ACTION: [x] Shannon will determine if she wants to carry her UBC class event at EcoReality forward by next week's meeting, and will create a project page with expected budgets and revenue sources. (Shannon Cowan)
  • Item #7: Debriefing and continued contact with people who come to potluck and show-n-tell (per Minutes:20091102, not followed up).
    • ACTION: [x] Craft a procedure for following up guest visits, and a request for establishing a Show and tell steward (Susie Anne Bartsch)
  • Item #8: Discuss possible New Years Eve event.
    • All agreed it sounds like a good idea.
    • ACTION: [x] Co-ordinate a New Years Eve 2009 event. (Susie Anne Bartsch)
  • Item #9: Special potluck on Dec 16th.
    • Susie Anne wants a special semi-public potluck on our regular Wednesday potluck on the 16th, since she is leaving the following day.
    • All thought it a good idea.
    • Shannon will co-ordinate the menu.
  • Item #12: Request to not add agenda items under other people's names without discussion.
    • This is the way it is supposed to work. All agreed it's a good idea.
  • Item #13: Reminder: Priorities Homework #2 for end of Tuesday.
    • Susie Anne: don't knock yourself out, but please don't just ignore it; make a best effort.
  • Item #14: Reminder: Work Party is off site this week at Christopher's getting shed.
    • Susie Anne: what is expected in return? Do we need to take some fence down? When?
    • Jan: need to know exactly what is expected, and re-evaluate if it's a lot of effort.
    • ACTION: [x] Clarify expectations of wood shed barter with Christopher and email such before Friday. (Shannon Cowan)
  • Item #15: Brief request regarding Brenden's birthday book-did people get email?
    • People will read the email.
  • Item #16: Review to do list.
    • Tabled: will review for sure at the next meeting.
    • ACTION: [x] Carol will remind people of budget 2010 input that is required before tomorrow's budget meeting at 13:00. (Carol Wagner)
  • Item #17: arrivals/departures
    • 14th through 17th: Susie Anne's dad visiting (on iCal)
    • James gone through Thursday, 10th (on iCal)
    • Rudy gone 28th through 30th (on iCal)
  • Item #18: next meeting
    • Dennis facilitating, James recording
    • ACTION: [x] Jan will update meetings list for next year and fix dates for members meetings. (Jan Steinman)
  • Item #19: Check-out

Meeting adjourned at 11:06.

Respectfully submitted, Jan Steinman 23:35, 7 December 2009 (UTC).

Share your opinion


blog comments powered by Disqus
Personal tools
Get our newsletter!
Name:
Email Address:

disturbance
entry points
help (off site)
This server and other EcoReality operations are 100% wind powered, with energy from Bullfrog Power. You can be, too!