Minutes:20091019

From MediaWiki

Jump to: navigation, search


For guidelines on the editing of minutes, please see the page on the responsibilities of the recorder.


Monday, 19 October 2009, Resident's Meeting

Present: Jan Steinman, Carol Wagner, James Cowan, Shannon Cowan, Dennis Lucarelli,

  • Facilitator: Dennis
  • Recorder: James
  • Meeting starts 9:33am
  • Check in
  • Agenda approved
  • Approved last week's minutes.
  • Discuss EcoReality's first end of month "show and tell" meeting:
    • Dennis suggests focusing on larger structural items rather than small planning items.
    • Carol requested clarification about why we’re doing this. We referenced Sept 27 meetings.
    • Shannon- Recruiting and information for outsiders, guests and/or potential members.
    • Jan- no guests are booked for this weekend.
    • Shannon ideas- extra work party space, deepen topics we need to discuss that need more time (stewardships, director’s roles). Or with guests- Q&A, getting to know each other, potential future involvement.
    • Jan- keep slot open, don’t do anything unless we have people here.
    • James- keep time for us to dive into one big topic. If people are here, make it informative and interactive.
    • Shannon- Create parking lot for big items we want to discuss. Facilitator works on topic week before so everyone can prepare.
    • Dennis did level check and average was medium to high. Summarized that it seems like we all agree that we can hold the space for a topic for residents or something specific for guests. Or work party.
    • Shannon- take time in previous resident’s meeting to plan the following Sunday.
    • If guests come, enroll all members to interact and meeting with new guests and potential members. Encourage guests to go over wiki and also prepare list of questions.
    • This Sunday- Shannon suggests discussion about membership application and interview.
    • Sunday’s agenda is to discuss membership interview process and ideas, move onto the membership application (review and identify any outstanding action items for changes) and then the membership package for new members (status, timeline, brainstorm ideas for content if needed).
  • Discuss potluck this Wed - new proposed time 6:45pm after Burgoyne Bay BC Parks meeting at Lions Hall is over.
    • Suggestion for time change not recommended or approved. Shannon will be at Parks talk. If not back, James will host potluck. If James gets called, potluck will be at Yellow house.
  • Went over all items on To do list. Found several to be marked and removed as done. Found other To do items that could be moved to the Agenda_parking_lot to be addressed at a future meeting. Note: the Agenda_parking_lot is a place where you can store an item or topic that you would like to put on a future meeting agenda.
  • REMINDER- look at to do list more often and check off items. Look on your user page or look on the To do list.
  • Comings and goings- See iCal. Stacy coming this weekend. Daniel coming Sunday night. Saturday is Climate Action Day. Bike ride from Fulford Inn at 1:15pm.
  • Remove farm and Garden off the template. (DONE)
  • Reminder that next Monday is member’s meeting. Might take a little longer in the morning. (James has a dentist appointment at 11:15am)
  • Check out.
  • Meeting adjourned at 10:32am
  • Submitted by James Cowan 18:32, 19 October 2009 (UTC)

Monday, 19 October 2009, Ad Hoc Meeting about Membership Packages

Present: Jan Steinman, Carol Wagner, James Cowan, Shannon Cowan, Dennis Lucarelli

  • Discussion about page Membership FAQ that has not yet been agreed upon by membership as existing work in the area of what a membership package would entail

Specifically the following:

    • to include cost structure and amenities in family unit,
    • to include "who we want to attract" section and their qualities
    • to include what a steward is and what a director is under governance
  • GRAPHIC:
    • ACTION: [x] (abandoned) Jan Steinman will source and scan 2-3 different potential main residential/common building designs (envelope drawings or other) from other communities and upload to wiki and link to Membership FAQ (Jan Steinman)
    • ACTION: [x] Jan Steinman will write a short list of amenities/features of potential main-common building units (eg. natural building materials, solar hot water, radiant floor heating, rainwater catchment, etc.) and include this in Membership FAQ (Jan Steinman)
  • EcoReality brochure needs to be linked to Membership FAQ and provided in hard copy in M packages to highlight CRD property map
  • reminder: clear and clean and active relationships with member guides
  • ACTION: [x] Shannon Cowan will place on agenda parking lot: Perform critical group assessment of "values" and "mission" documents (Shannon Cowan)

These minutes submitted by Shan 19:42, 19 October 2009 (UTC)

Share your opinion


blog comments powered by Disqus
Personal tools
Get our newsletter!
Name:
Email Address:

disturbance
entry points
help (off site)
Environmental jobs, green volunteering, good work! Powered by the wind! This server and other
EcoReality operations
are 100% wind powered.
Powered by Mac OS X Powered by Mac MediaWiki Powered by MariaDB Powered by Valentina Studio Pro