Minutes:20090614

From MediaWiki

Jump to: navigation, search


For guidelines on the editing of minutes, please see the page on the responsibilities of the recorder.

Sunday, 14 June 2009, Residents' Meeting

<--previous residents meetingnext residents meeting-->

Present: Jan Steinman, Carol Wagner, Susie Anne Bartsch, Shannon Cowan, Morris Lamrock, Jason Sneed (guest) and Dennis the Dane (guest)

  • Meeting called to order: 19:42 pm
  • Opener and Check-in
  • Agenda approved
  • Jun 7 Rez meeting minutes approved
  • Sustainable Food Education Event for SFU 20090612 debriefing meeting scheduled for 20090618 at 10:00 am in Yellow House
    • All members and residents welcome. Please take time to think about feedback (strengths, areas for improvement, ways to improve) before attending and come prepared to have a lively conversation about appreciating what we did and choosing a collaborative path forward to the next such event.(point added by minute takerShan 00:45, 16 June 2009 (UTC))
  • James Richardson request: a field trip for 24 hours similar to Sustainable Food Education Event for SFU 20090612
    • Possible dates Sept 12 or 19
    • ACTION: [x] Jan Steinman will find out details about James Richardson's Permaculture field trip to EcoReality and make presentation of issue at next meeting of Resident's 20090621 (Jan Steinman)
  • Eco-Living tour update
    • Jan advertised EcoReality in "What's On" of Island Tides paper as host site for EcoLiving Tour August 16.
    • The tour is not yet finalized, nor has EcoReality agreed to participate.
    • Once we are formally invited, there will be adhoc meeting called to get agreement of residents, if they want us.
  • Pruning pear trees:
    • ACTION: [x] Morris Lamrock will contact Kyle Parks (neighbour) to see about working together to prune the pear trees in exchange for a workparty of 3 people from EcoReality for 2 hrs at Kyle's (Morris Lamrock)
  • Garlic: Shan gave update that she'll do a harvest on Tuesday (20090616) in the early morning before 9am
    • Jan and Morris offered to help
    • to do: cut scapes, bunch with elastics (Carol)
    • make lockbox (Rudy has done this already)
    • set up a table for farmgate sales ($4/lb sold in bunches of 1/4lb for $1)
    • make a sign and attach to sandwich board (Shan)
    • Carol agreed to take some for sale either this Tuesday or next Tues at the market in town
  • STUFF: this is an ongoing conversation about the things we own and the spaces we share
    • Jan shared that the vision for the garage space is: heated clean "shop" for working on vehicles, electronics, bead making
    • Barn side is visioned by J and C as dusty work such as woodwork
    • For now, keeping the entrance to barn for summer use clear is needed
    • October-November project
    • Tools need to be inventoried and converted to Class B shares with a steward
  • Pear Tree Cleanup
    • We took a moment to celebrate this action by the group
  • Trailer
    • Morris described a possible new location to S and E of greenhouse (and solarium idea with shade house attached that might be permanent while trailer is not)
    • Jan thinks this is very wettest part of field
    • Morris requested a walk around with rez to view together
  • Woodshed project update:
    • Jan described that cut outs are still needed.
    • Dennis volunteered to do this while here
    • Roof on will be next step, then before rain comes, can move windsurfers/bikes/bins of outdoor gear and tools to that location
  • Facilitator for next quarter
  • Agreed that facilitator for July 1-Sept 30 is Shannon Cowan
    • Carol expressed that she thinks others do a better job and she would rather not facilitate at this time
    • Jan has done it just before this quarter
    • James needs leniency for his work schedule until October
  • Recorder for the next quarter:
  • Agreed: recorder for next quarter is Carol Wagner
  • Check out: All were in great humour, many felt similar presence level.
  • Meeting concluded at 20:45

Respectfully Submitted Shan 00:45, 16 June 2009 (UTC)

Share your opinion


blog comments powered by Disqus
Personal tools
Get our newsletter!
Name:
Email Address:

disturbance
entry points
help (off site)
Environmental jobs, green volunteering, good work! Powered by the wind! This server and other
EcoReality operations
are 100% wind powered.
Powered by Mac OS X Powered by Mac MediaWiki Powered by MariaDB Powered by Valentina Studio Pro