Minutes:20090607

From MediaWiki

Jump to: navigation, search


For guidelines on the editing of minutes, please see the page on the responsibilities of the recorder.

Sunday, 7 June 2009, Residents' Meeting

<--previous residents meetingnext residents meeting-->

Present: Jan Steinman, Carol Wagner, James Cowan, Susie Anne Bartsch, Shannon Cowan, Morris Lamrock

  • Meeting called to order: 19:25 pm
  • Opener and Check-in
  • Agenda approved
  • May 31 Rez meeting minutes approved (thanks Jan for formatting improvements)Shan 19:52, 10 June 2009 (UTC)
  • Eco-Living tour discussion:
    • Garden, Biodiesel, Goats could be activity centers; Map in classroom with storeyboard that is self-serve
    • Jan is not present before or after (away in Shawnigan Lake) yet will steward if has support of all residents
    • incredible opportunity to show history - present - vision on storeyboard to public and to organize our strategic plan before then
    • concerns:
      • this would be a burden in many ways: expressed for those already feeling overwhelmed with growing food and integrating onsite and offsite, just living, other events, the timeline for EcoReality's financial commitments, etc.
      • too soon for showing off physically - not established enough
      • dust, parking
      • cohesion of visiting groups - coming and going all day
    • Straw Poll: Two thumbs up and 4 thumbs sideways for Eco-Living Tour at this stage.
    • Needs:
      • commitment this week if we get asked formally to participate, will call adhoc rez meeting to agree yes or no
    • ACTION: [x] Jan Steinman will make project page for 2009 Eco-living tour (Jan Steinman)
    • ACTION: [x] Jan Steinman will call adhoc meeting to get agreement and a co-steward to move forward on Eco-Living Tour 2009 (Jan Steinman)
  • Conversation about Stuff:
    • ACTION: [x] Jan Steinman will meet with Carol to create the vision of the uses for all/parts of the spaces in shop building and share with group (Jan Steinman)
    • ACTION: [x] Susie Anne Bartsch James Cowan will meet their spouses and make a list of "stuff" items for storage that need a home according to 1) Attic (driest), 2) Shop/Moby and 3) Cover/nowalls and share list with Jan and Carol for their consideration and matching up with Vision of space usage (James Cowan) (Susie Anne Bartsch)
  • SFU Field Day event:
    • discussed to do list, Shannon to coordinate and remind people and post schedules
    • Eating space to be arranged S of Classroom
    • Classroom their homebase
  • Water Filter system:
  • RV/Trailer for SAMO:
    • Morris will buy it and locate it South of the fence between Shop and Pear tree in the S field
    • Meeting ended 20:20 pm

Respectfully submitted Shan 19:52, 10 June 2009 (UTC)

Share your opinion


blog comments powered by Disqus
Personal tools
Get our newsletter!
Name:
Email Address:

disturbance
entry points
help (off site)
Environmental jobs, green volunteering, good work! Powered by the wind! This server and other
EcoReality operations
are 100% wind powered.
Powered by Mac OS X Powered by Mac MediaWiki Powered by MariaDB Powered by Valentina Studio Pro