Minutes:20090306

From MediaWiki

Jump to: navigation, search


For guidelines on the editing of minutes, please see the page on the responsibilities of the recorder.

Friday, 6 March 2009, Members' Teleconference

  • Facilitator: Jan
  • Recorder: Susie Anne
  • Check in
    • Susie Anne- 9.9 – My honey is on the phone.
    • James – 7.5 – Needs more sleep
    • Penny - 5 – Very under the weather. Home alone with a cold.
    • Justin – 9.5 – Starting a cleanse.
    • Osha – 7 – Wiped out. Lily was very two today.
    • Selina -6/7- A very busy week.
    • Morris – 7.5-8.6- Slightly drunk? Ha ha.
    • Jan- 9.5 – Had to rush dinner.
    • Carol- 8 – Here, tired.
    • Shannon-9.8 – Very clear headed, calm and present.

Agenda/Minutes

  • Approval of the agenda.
  • Approval of last teleconference minutes last teleconference minutes. Approved.
  • Discuss road buffer project. —Jan Steinman 19:19, 3 March 2009 (UTC)
    • There will still be a functional barrier even when cutting happens for coppicing because there will be depth to barrier.
    • All the trees listed are desiduous trees that will coppice but no evergreens. Perhaps we could have some evergreen growing too.
    • Perhaps we could put a row of evergreens on the inside of the buffer zone.
    • AGREED We will proceed with the road buffer project as written.
    • Discuss Spring retreat
      • Please add all ideas and suggestions to the Wiki page for the retreat.
    • ACTION [x] James has scheduled the Spring Retreat topics into timeslots. This initial schedule will be available to be commented on until Tuesday, March 10th. At that time James and Jan will then take the info and make a schedule that will be available for comment until 12midnight on Thursday, March 12. (James Cowan)
    • ACTION [x] James will send a reminder notice for final feedback for Spring Retreat on Tuesday morning. (James Cowan)
      • If you have a preference for what you might like to facilitate and/record for please let James know asap.
    • Introduce the idea of themed heart circle at the ecovillage on childcare (during spring retreat) –SA
      • will give questions in advance for all to consider
      • asks that folks do their homework over next three weeks
      • have first session at retreat be a “feelings” event
      • have the second session be a space for coming to agreement
    • Discussion:
      • Selena: great idea
      • Osha: thanks for energy, thinks it will be very productive
      • SA: really challenging issue, one that intentional communities often deal with, we need to dig deep to feel what we collectively want to make appropriate choices off the top
      • Selena: Not only 2-3 yr olds, but thinking ahead to children who are older
      • SA invited Selena to write comments on wiki and elaborate
      • Jan: Selena has expressed interest in family gatherings at EcoReality, wants to clarify is this along the lines she’s thinking about now?
      • Selena: would like clarity and “no limit” on adult children “visiting” the community and feeling comfortable in her space/community space
      • SA : wants to reiterate that this is reason for introducing idea now so that folks make the time to prepare for the discussion so that we are “really ready” when the space opens for that place.
      • Jan thinks Selena could bring more clarity to the process so that it will be most useful when the discussion takes place (in retreat)
    • Update on Children and Childcare policy that SA and James are working on and want the community to talk about and come to agreement on at the Spring Retreat
      • SA: Intro topic – go to childcare steward page and read it again
        • has not created policy package in last six days since last members meeting
    • ACTION [x] In next few days Susie Anne and James will create a wiki place for the childcare policy and Susie Anne will direct the group to it in order for them to read it and follow up by discussion online and discussion preparation for retreat. (Susie Anne Bartsch)
    • Reviewed the To Do list.
    • ACTION [x] Osha will accept questions and distribute them once a week for April, May, June of this year. (Osha Roller)
  • Next meeting Friday March 20th.
  • Check out
    • Justin – 9.5
    • Osha – 9
    • Jan- 10
    • Carol- 8
    • Penny - 6
    • Mark - 9
    • James – 9
    • Susie Anne- 9.9
    • Shannon-10
    • Morris- 9.2
    • Selina -9
  • Meeting ends 20:11

Submitted by: Susie Anne Bartsch 10 March 2009 (PDT)

Share your opinion


blog comments powered by Disqus
Personal tools
Get our newsletter!
Name:
Email Address:

disturbance
entry points
help (off site)
Environmental jobs, green volunteering, good work! Powered by the wind! This server and other
EcoReality operations
are 100% wind powered.
Powered by Mac OS X Powered by Mac MediaWiki Powered by MariaDB Powered by Valentina Studio Pro