Minutes:20090220

From MediaWiki

Jump to: navigation, search


For guidelines on the editing of minutes, please see the page on the responsibilities of the recorder.

Friday 20 February 2009: Members' Teleconference

  • Facilitator: Jan
  • Recorder: Susie Anne
  • Check in
    • Justin – 8 – Little distracted. Didn’t sleep well.
    • Osha – – Not checking in. She’s with Lily.
    • Jan- 6 – Horrible toothache. No dentist til Tuesday.
    • Carol- 8 – Little distracted. Dinner still going.
    • Penny - 9 – Energized. It’s sunny. She’s present.
    • Mark - 9 – Pretty fruitful week. Taking a perma-culture workshop upcoming.
    • James – 9.5 – Much better than earlier in the week. Got 100 rasberry canes today with lots of people helping.
    • Susie Anne- 9.7 – Good. Watched the raspberries going in.
    • Shannon-9 – Cleansing for last few weeks. Clearest she’s been in awhile.
  • Agenda/Minutes
    • Approval of the agenda.
    • Approval of last teleconference minutes.
    • Discussion and request for guest speaker steward definition.
    • Discussion and request for Justin Roller to be named guest speaker steward.
    • Budget report/discussion (Carol/James)
      • ACTION [x] REMINDER- We want to agree to this budget at the February members meeting. (Nobody)
    • Discussion about possible new new provisional member requirements.Jan Steinman 22:23, 8 February 2009 (UTC)
      • Perhaps 6 months might be too long.
      • People concerned that 6 months would prevent people to actually be able to make the commitment.
      • We could create a time line for people to be able to have considerable onsite contact before moving to the land.
      • Suggestions-8-10 weeks of contact in a 6-12 month time period with 3-4 of those weeks being consecutive.
      • Suggestion-Offsite membership policy that is different than the onsite member policy
    • Request for budget item: monthly trip (ferry and vehicle expenses) to Victoria to pick up pallets and oil $820/year —Jan Steinman 19:56, 11 February 2009
      • AGREED budget item: monthly trip (ferry and vehicle expenses) to Victoria to pick up pallets and oil $820/year We will make every effort to consolidate our trips to Victoria each month to fit within this budget.
    • Planning for Members' Weekend (27-28-1) —Jan Steinman 04:33, 20 February 2009 (UTC)
      • Mark and Penny cannot attend.
    • Discuss Spring retreat
      • Please add all ideas to the Wiki page for the retreat.
    • ACTION [x] Guest speaker request. Justin is interested in bringing Marisha Auerbach. He will start talking to her about coming to do a talk during the Spring Retreat. We would offer her 60% of the take or at least cover her travel expenses. (Justin Roller)

Next meeting Friday March 6th.

  • Check out-
    • Justin – – gone
    • Osha – – gone
    • Jan- –Better than at the start. Inspired by the meeting.
    • Carol- 8 – Still good.
    • Penny - 9 – Long meeting good conversation.
    • Mark - 9 – Appreciates momentum and agenda.
    • James - 9 – A little distracted but good.
    • Susie Anne- 9.7 – Edgy but having fun.
    • Shannon-9 – Tough meeting with kids. Better now.
  • Meeting ends 20:11

Submitted by: Susie Anne Bartsch 24 February 2009 (PDT)

Share your opinion


blog comments powered by Disqus
Personal tools
Get our newsletter!
Name:
Email Address:

disturbance
entry points
help (off site)
Environmental jobs, green volunteering, good work! Powered by the wind! This server and other
EcoReality operations
are 100% wind powered.
Powered by Mac OS X Powered by Mac MediaWiki Powered by MariaDB Powered by Valentina Studio Pro